It is currently April 25th, 2024, 10:39 am

uneditable widget

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
ilikecoolthings

uneditable widget

Post by ilikecoolthings »

I have the "combo" performance widget enabled, and I have the setting made so that it disappears when I hover my mouse over it. but unlike before, now I cannot get the options my right-clicking it, no matter how fast I do it. and when I try editing the options, it just shows the desktop drop-down options. does anyone know how to solve this?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: uneditable widget

Post by balala »

ilikecoolthings wrote: April 27th, 2023, 5:19 pm I have the "combo" performance widget enabled, and I have the setting made so that it disappears when I hover my mouse over it. but unlike before, now I cannot get the options my right-clicking it, no matter how fast I do it. and when I try editing the options, it just shows the desktop drop-down options. does anyone know how to solve this?
Double click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area. The Manage dialog opens. On the Skins tab, find the skins .ini file and right click it. In the context menu click Edit. The skins .ini file opens in the default text editor and you can edit it. There is another command to refresh the skin as well, because even if you edited the file, you'll get the changes only after a refresh, which is not possible if the skin is hidden when you're hovering the mouse over it.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: uneditable widget

Post by Yincognito »

ilikecoolthings wrote: April 27th, 2023, 5:19 pm[...] but unlike before, now I cannot get the options my right-clicking it, no matter how fast I do it. and when I try editing the options, it just shows the desktop drop-down options.
Besides what balala advised, if by any chance you meant that you cannot access the skin context menu fast enough because of enabling the Hide on hover setting, pressing the CTRL key before you right click or whatever might help achieve what you want. In other words, instead of plain right clicking it, CTRL + right click it and you won't have to be faster than Rainmeter. :D
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth