It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:35 am

I Can't download standart rainmeter.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
AnexroflyzLLLLL

I Can't download standart rainmeter.

Post by AnexroflyzLLLLL »

When i try to download it it making error: Portable Rainmeter must be installed in a directory with full read write access (as a normal user)
If you want to set Rainmeter to "111646"
Go back and select Standard Installation
Help pls
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: I Can't download standart rainmeter.

Post by balala »

AnexroflyzLLLLL wrote: April 14th, 2023, 12:52 pm When i try to download it it making error:
The message is shown when you try to download Rainmeter or when you try to install it? Because most probably it is when you try installing it.
Do you try and want to install a portable version of Rainmeter?
AnexroflyzLLLLL

Post by AnexroflyzLLLLL »

I Need the standart version but it making that error every time when i try to download it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

AnexroflyzLLLLL wrote: April 16th, 2023, 7:26 am it making that error every time when i try to download it.
Once again: you get error when you try to download or when try to install it (probably the second, but am I right?)?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

AnexroflyzLLLLL wrote: April 14th, 2023, 12:52 pm When i try to download it it making error: Portable Rainmeter must be installed in a directory with full read write access (as a normal user)
If you want to set Rainmeter to "111646"
Go back and select Standard Installation
Help pls
What this means is that you don't have sufficient rights to install Rainmeter (and probably other software too) in that folder. Besides downloading Rainmeter from a trusted source like this one (i.e. Rainmeter.net), a solution might involve:
- taking ownership of the folder you want to install to
- running the Rainmeter installer as an administrator
- checking or making sure you have the appropriate permissions for the user account you're on
Other than that, although extremely unlikely, it might be that some things are blocked by various security software you have installed, e.g. antivirus, firewall, etc. Making sure those don't interfere with a process that should be safe must be taken into account as well.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth