It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 9:51 am

Running VBS script from button

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
LuciferVisuals

Re: Running VBS script from button

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: April 19th, 2023, 5:54 pm Alright, if you found the solution.
Did you get ti?
I only posted it a short time ago, I don't think you have answered it was about animation FPS and update=100 etc

I'll go and look soon as I fin here

Keith
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: April 19th, 2023, 5:54 pm Alright, if you found the solution.

Did you get ti?
No nothing there yet, its not urgent at all, I'm thinking ahead, any time you have a moment.

Keith
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 19th, 2023, 6:07 pm I only posted it a short time ago, I don't think you have answered it was about animation FPS and update=100 etc

I'll go and look soon as I fin here
LuciferVisuals wrote: April 19th, 2023, 6:11 pm No nothing there yet, its not urgent at all, I'm thinking ahead, any time you have a moment.
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=214207#p214207
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 19th, 2023, 5:44 pmShowoff.... Lol.
Well, I'm not the show off type, but since I liked the idea and had the material, why not? ;-)
I wouldn't have done it for something I was indifferent to. Plus, it might help, so there's that too.
... and it's a woosh, not a shoow, you read it backwards. :rofl:
LuciferVisuals wrote: April 19th, 2023, 5:44 pmIf so it's not working very well, it said I have one message, turns out there are about 4, this has caused me to miss some in the past. Does it need setting or something? Have I broken it.? Am I assuming it should do more than it does?
I didn't have any problem with it, but it may happen that it "merges" more messages into a single alert (for eaxmple, in case of the same thread). Personally, I don't use it much, not even when logged in, I prefer starting from the mail (which, by the way, also merges things). Anyway, I don't think anything is lost, just presented slighly different than expected.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 19th, 2023, 6:17 pm I liked the idea and had the material, why not? ;-)
Plus, it might help, so there's that too.
Cannot believe how quickly you did that, but that's the effect.... Cool it will save ages, I will improve the transparency on the closing effect though. and play with it , but I think that's broke the back of what I wanted to do..... So a Big thank you... I Have not looked at code of images yet, just loaded it and played for a bit.

I'm keeping an eye on the bell and studying what it tells me atm.

I have another animation I have just worked out "IN PRINCIPLE" how to do........ Have you seen the Star Wars opening text and credits??? Well I am making a credits screen to credit people who's work I am about to "Rape and Pillage" (thats a quote from my credit screen). This animated text will start my help screen, (obviously with my wording) and will scroll through the stargate..... There you go something to do over coffee. LOL.

Keith
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 19th, 2023, 6:30 pmCannot believe how quickly you did that, but that's the effect.... Cool it will save ages, I will improve the transparency on the closing effect though. and play with it , but I think that's broke the back of what I wanted to do..... So a Big thank you... I Have not looked at code of images yet, just loaded it and played for a bit.
I would have done it even faster, if the indecision on whether to use a Calc or a Loop measure didn't delay things. I prefer Calcs, but it's easier for simple tasks with Loops, especially when you want a trivial way to start from 0, so I settled on that.

EDIT: Regarding the code, you might want to add the following to the [Frame] measure:

Code: Select all

IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#>=#Frames#)
IfTrueAction=[!CommandMeasure Slider "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure Slider "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure Slider "Stop 3"]
Since this was done with the idea of endless animation in mind too, the above will make sure that the animation (and the skin redrawing every couple of milliseconds) is stopped once reaching the end frame. It will slightly ease the weight on the CPU after finishing "playing".
LuciferVisuals wrote: April 19th, 2023, 6:30 pmI have another animation I have just worked out "IN PRINCIPLE" how to do........ Have you seen the Star Wars opening text and credits??? Well I am making a credits screen to credit people who's work I am about to "Rape and Pillage" (thats a quote from my credit screen). This animated text will start my help screen, (obviously with my wording) and will scroll through the stargate..... There you go something to do over coffee. LOL.
Not a big fan of Star Wars, bar what it means historically, but I know what you mean. Perspective is not achievable with Rainmeter, though you might try using ImageMagick (there's a Rainmeter plugin for that, called MagickMeter) like here, or, if you want to go complex, use the WebView2 plugin for Rainmeter (from the same plugin author, by the way) to really go 3D in Javascript and integrate things with Rainmeter. Obviously, the latter is a bit harder to do, so I would recommend trying the former and see what you get.

Or, you can design the thing in some Photoshop or related software, export the images and "play" them like the "woosh" thingy.
Last edited by Yincognito on April 19th, 2023, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 19th, 2023, 6:45 pm
I thought of an easy way top do this....... :p

Check out https://starwarsintrogenerator.com/.... (One of several but that was very simple five mins max to have a finished moving text image). Take......BUT In html to put on a website etc.

SO TO CONVERT IT (as I don't have photoshop) I would use irfanview which will batch capture my screen, at any rate I choose and save them as bitmaps. I have already tried this and it works. The rest you will know far better than me how to deal with. One of my stronger points is original thought and original ideas, made possible usually by thinking outside the box....

The secret is "There is no box"

LOL.

Try it oh wise one, you might be impressed, (I assume Photoshop can do this as well), if not irfanview is free, and fairly easy to use. I use it because I have to because I'm also working on something else and I need something done and irfanview does it easily but I couldn't get photoshop to do it at all, but that is a whole different story

Keith
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 19th, 2023, 7:11 pmCheck out https://starwarsintrogenerator.com/.... (One of several but that was very simple five mins max to have a finished moving text image). Take......BUT In html to put on a website etc.
Yeah, this is cool, but it uses plain CSS to do the animation, which means there's no download option as it's generated directly in the browser. I assume there are more such sites that can provide the file(s) for a perspective text animation and while they might not paint the stars and all that, it won't be a problem to add that later in Rainmeter. But then, if you're happy with this approach, that's perfectly fine. Personally I prefer downloadable or already made content since there's no possibility for lost frames as in more complex screen captures. This one should be light on the CPU/GPU though, so it's ok.

It really doesn't matter if one uses Photoshop or any other program to do these things, what's important is that the chosen program does its job properly. One other thing: make sure you check my EDIT here, in case I did it too late and you missed it. And yeah, I hate boxes too... :thumbup:
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 19th, 2023, 7:31 pm plain CSS to do the animation, . :thumbup:
You missed the point Oh wise one.

While you cant download the cascading style sheets (well I know how to so I assume you do BUT there is NO POINT, you don't need to download and convert anything IT'S MUCH EASIER THAN THAT (This isn't a theory, I have already done it to test the idea before doing any work on it.... This works....

Try it, don't even bother customising it, literally just Play it as is. BUT use batch capture to capture each frame and save it as a bit map file. (If photoshop can't do it Irfanview does it perfectly (I can return the favour and tell you how save you working it out).

THIS WORKS I HAVE ALREADY DONE IT. You end up with a directory full of bitmap files in order. That's more or less exactly the same as you would end up with if you extract all the frames from an animated gif isn't it.

Come on..... You know I'm right. :???: or :thumbup:

Keith
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 19th, 2023, 7:31 pm
Or perhaps I missed yours?????

I looked long and hard for something that would make this for me in Downloadable as a Gig or similar form but I couldn't find anything, but these kept online css (actually I think it's HTML, but I could be wrong, aren't CSS sheets actually written with HTML code?,[ and a bit of java, thrown in]) Still besides the point.

I couldn't find an online make the Star Wars Rolling Text that was downloadable, then I had the sudden idea, just play it and save it (and convert to the file format I want end up with) in one pass... Win Win. .

So do you know of an actual site that will do this better in downloadable form then?

Keith