It is currently April 24th, 2024, 3:53 am

Running VBS script from button

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Running VBS script from button

Post by Yincognito »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 8:36 pmBuilt before the Star Gates...
Well, I had to use trigonometry to teach one of my first computers how to draw a circle since it had no clue about it, so it can't get worse than that...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 10:00 pm Well, I had to use trigonometry to teach one of my first computers how to draw a circle since it had no clue about it, so it can't get worse than that...
Wow! How long have you been using computers? My most impressive achievement so far, which isn't in the same league as that, was for Scouts. When hiking on Mountains you have to file a route plan, saying where you are going with points on the way and the time you will be there. You have to leave a copy with someone who is not going on the trip, so if you don't get back, they can alert the rescue services who will at least know where to look. I made an excel spread sheet where you just put in the latitude and longitude (Well grid points actually, but not sure if you have them where you are, of it it is just a UK thing for our maps) at each significant point on the way. And it calculated the compass bearing between them, for both True North and Grid North, then using trig the distance between them, and how long it would take to get to each point and total walking time. Sounds easy, but the version of Excel I had (Ms Office 2000), could not work in degrees only in radians, So I had to use more than 7 stacked IF-Then statements to convert the radians to degrees.

Anyway when I finished it worked so I sent my finished algorithm to Bill Gates at Microsoft, in case he wanted to improve excel........... He actually replied, and it was the nicest f--- Off letter I have ever seen.

Keith
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 10:00 pm it can't get worse than that...
Probably not, now I have thought more about it. But these last two post has reminded me of something....

First I might "disappear off the grid for a while". If I do, we have not fallen out. I am thinking a really major restructure of what I have so done far, while in principle this isn't difficult, it will be for me, and I will start using Notepad++ ClusterF--- global find and replace to change some directory names (Yes Mom I will be much more careful this time...... LOL). But I will need to totally focus on it until after I have finished, it's one of those once I start, I will have to finish it or everything will be a complete mess. So if I go dark, that's what's happened, (and means i'm struggling to get everything working again and I don't want to risk getting sidetracked, till everything is working again). But hopefully it will go better this time.

Ohh just got side tracked..... Thinking of your circle and my route planner at the same time. I realised than if you start with just one point, then reverse my code in my route planner to make the computer work out say another five (six in total) that result is a hexagonal route ending back where you started, then make the computer use a GoSub, routine, on the mid point of each leg of the journey resulting in 12 points which must be equally distant (then repeat and keep oversampling the go sub), You would end up with a circle....... How's that for a Novice.....

But see how easily I get side tracked, now the problem is I want to actually do it. BUT I'M NOT GOING TO! My teachers always said I don't pay attention, and get easily sidetracked, and "Could Try Harder", was on every single school report I was ever given..... Bless them, they didn't understand I get bored easily. Once I understood what they were trying to teach me, I could not see the point in doing it again and again, I mean, basic maths, hundreds, tens and units are cool, but we did it on Monday, and I got it, so I could not see why we had to do it again on Tuesday, then every single day for weeks, months, what was the point, doing it again and again, just for the sake of it. It worked, it didn't matter how many times you did it, it would still work, it seemed pointless, to keep proving it, over and over, so my mind just wandered off to new places and ideas.

Suddenly interrupted by a "Sorry Miss..... What was the question?

I like maths, it's logical, and predictable, UNLIKE WRITING WHICH ISN'T At ALL, there is no reason to it. My English teacher said "Oh there are simple rules you can follow, like "I" always goes before "E", except after "C"". So obviously I asked why my name is spelt Keith. So is my name is spelt wrong then ????? See No Logic at all.

LOL.

And now I have totally forgot the other point which was actually a question, How to do something, in Rainmeter. Never mind it will come back to me.

Sorry for using up your time on chit chat.... (Good name for a dot com..... So there probably is one)..... TTFN.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 10:00 pm so it can't get worse than that...
Einstein was first grasp the connection between matter and energy, and realised that one could be converrted into the other, then went on to produce his famous formula E=mc2 to show the exact relationship. Most of us have heard of his formula, but few understand it's implications in regard to our own personal potential energy.
To understand his formula we first need to know what each letter stands for; E = potential energy, M = mass of the object, and c = the speed of light. Now we can use that formula to see just how much potential energy each of us has.
To do this we need to substiutute those letters with the relevant numbers. I admit the maths appears a bit daunting at first glance but actually it's not that difficult. I will explain each step, all you need to do is follow the basic steps. I don't want you to get bogged down in the maths so I'll do the sums for you. The first thing we need to do is expand the above explaination of the formula to include the units being used.
First E (the potential energy), this is measured in Joules. Now don't switch off, we are all familiar with horsepower for engines, or watts for electrical appliances, well a Joule is simply a different way to measure energy, and one joule is the force needed to move the object in question one meter.
The object in question has a mass referred to as "M" in the formula, and is measured in Kilograms (or 1000 grams).
Finally "C" is the speed of light, which in a vacuum is approximately 186,000 miles per second or as a metric measurement 300,000,000 meters per second. The latter being preferred by scientist and is obviously a much easier number to use in any maths problem.
So basically Einstein's formula says take an objects mass (in Kilograms) and multiply it by the speed of light squared and you get it's energy equivalence (in Joules). Now here comes the fun part as I can use this equation in a fun way to show your own personal energy equivalence, and the outcome may surprise you.
So first let's do the maths using an average adult male weight which is about 80 kg. So plug that value into the equation and see just what we get:
E=mc2
E= 80 kg x 300,000,000 x 300,000,000 which equals 7,200,000,000,000,000,000 joules
SPOT PRIZE: WHAT DO YOU CALL A NUMBER WITH THAT MANY ZEROS? ANS = Septillion
So a 80 Kg person has an energy equivalence of 7.2 septillion Joules (E= 7.20 × 1018 J). Well that's a lot of energy, but in order for that number to mean anything to us we need something to compare it with, to so put it in perspective.
Well the bomb that destroyed Nagasaki in Japan in World War II was equal to about 21 kilotons of TNT. So from that we can all imagine the devastating energy equivalence of a kiloton of TNT. So if we convert joules to kilotons of TNT we can use that as a unit .
Some internet research reveals 1 Joule = 2.39 × 10-13 kilotons of TNT. So 1 Joule of energy is equal to .000000000000239 Kilotons of TNT and flipping the ratio around reveals that 1 Kiloton of TNT = 4,184,000,000,000 Joules (4.18×1012). So armed with that we can do the maths.
A 80 kg person (E) = 7.20 x 1018 J
7.20 x 1018 J x 1 kT TNT/ 4.18 x 1012 J = 1,722,488 kilotons of TNT.
So an 80 kg person has roughly the energy equivalence of 1.72 MILLION kilotons of TNT (or 17,200 Megatons if you prefer).
We can use the above ratio to work out your own personal potential energy as 1.72 MILLION divided by 80 equals 21,530, so if we take your weight in kilograms and multiply it by 21,530 we will get your own personal potential energy equivalence in Millions of kilotons of TNT. (Or in Tens of Thousands of Megatons of TNT if you prefer)
Also as the Nagasaki bomb had an energy equivalence of about 21 kilotons of TNT, it means an 80 KG person has 81,904 times more potential energy than the Nagasaki bomb. Again we can use this ratio as 81,904 divide by 80 = 1024, so if we take your weight in kilograms and multiply it by 1024 we will see how many tens of thousands of times more energy equivalence you have than the Nagasaki bomb.

So now if you go into the bathroom and weigh yourself you see just how much real potential you actually have.

When this thought process was Interrupted by my physics teacher, I replied........ "Sorry Sir I was just wondering how much I weighed"
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 24th, 2023, 8:07 amHow long have you been using computers?
Only since DOS and Turbo Pascal on floppies... :sly:
LuciferVisuals wrote: April 24th, 2023, 9:46 ambut few understand it's implications in regard to our own personal potential energy.
And even fewer understand that it is just an equivalence at the subatomic level. To actually use that energy, every particle of that person would have to be transformed into it and in effect cease to exist just like the gas in a tank (either by colliding it with the same amount of antimatter or requiring yet more energy to sustain the conversion). The same mass of garbage would in theory do the same, with the added benefit of keeping the person alive. :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 24th, 2023, 9:46 am Einstein was first grasp the connection between matter and energy, and realised that one could be converrted into the other, then went on to produce his famous formula E=mc2 to show the exact relationship. Most of us have heard of his formula, but few understand it's implications in regard to our own personal potential energy.
To understand his formula we first need to know what each letter stands for; E = potential energy, M = mass of the object, and c = the speed of light. Now we can use that formula to see just how much potential energy each of us has.
To do this we need to substiutute those letters with the relevant numbers. I admit the maths appears a bit daunting at first glance but actually it's not that difficult. I will explain each step, all you need to do is follow the basic steps. I don't want you to get bogged down in the maths so I'll do the sums for you. The first thing we need to do is expand the above explaination of the formula to include the units being used.
First E (the potential energy), this is measured in Joules. Now don't switch off, we are all familiar with horsepower for engines, or watts for electrical appliances, well a Joule is simply a different way to measure energy, and one joule is the force needed to move the object in question one meter.
The object in question has a mass referred to as "M" in the formula, and is measured in Kilograms (or 1000 grams).
Finally "C" is the speed of light, which in a vacuum is approximately 186,000 miles per second or as a metric measurement 300,000,000 meters per second. The latter being preferred by scientist and is obviously a much easier number to use in any maths problem.
So basically Einstein's formula says take an objects mass (in Kilograms) and multiply it by the speed of light squared and you get it's energy equivalence (in Joules). Now here comes the fun part as I can use this equation in a fun way to show your own personal energy equivalence, and the outcome may surprise you.
So first let's do the maths using an average adult male weight which is about 80 kg. So plug that value into the equation and see just what we get:
E=mc2
E= 80 kg x 300,000,000 x 300,000,000 which equals 7,200,000,000,000,000,000 joules
SPOT PRIZE: WHAT DO YOU CALL A NUMBER WITH THAT MANY ZEROS? ANS = Septillion
So a 80 Kg person has an energy equivalence of 7.2 septillion Joules (E= 7.20 × 1018 J). Well that's a lot of energy, but in order for that number to mean anything to us we need something to compare it with, to so put it in perspective.
Well the bomb that destroyed Nagasaki in Japan in World War II was equal to about 21 kilotons of TNT. So from that we can all imagine the devastating energy equivalence of a kiloton of TNT. So if we convert joules to kilotons of TNT we can use that as a unit .
Some internet research reveals 1 Joule = 2.39 × 10-13 kilotons of TNT. So 1 Joule of energy is equal to .000000000000239 Kilotons of TNT and flipping the ratio around reveals that 1 Kiloton of TNT = 4,184,000,000,000 Joules (4.18×1012). So armed with that we can do the maths.
A 80 kg person (E) = 7.20 x 1018 J
7.20 x 1018 J x 1 kT TNT/ 4.18 x 1012 J = 1,722,488 kilotons of TNT.
So an 80 kg person has roughly the energy equivalence of 1.72 MILLION kilotons of TNT (or 17,200 Megatons if you prefer).
We can use the above ratio to work out your own personal potential energy as 1.72 MILLION divided by 80 equals 21,530, so if we take your weight in kilograms and multiply it by 21,530 we will get your own personal potential energy equivalence in Millions of kilotons of TNT. (Or in Tens of Thousands of Megatons of TNT if you prefer)
Also as the Nagasaki bomb had an energy equivalence of about 21 kilotons of TNT, it means an 80 KG person has 81,904 times more potential energy than the Nagasaki bomb. Again we can use this ratio as 81,904 divide by 80 = 1024, so if we take your weight in kilograms and multiply it by 1024 we will see how many tens of thousands of times more energy equivalence you have than the Nagasaki bomb.

So now if you go into the bathroom and weigh yourself you see just how much real potential you actually have.

When this thought process was Interrupted by my physics teacher, I replied........ "Sorry Sir I was just wondering how much I weighed"
Good calculation, however that energy can't be used in physical processes. It has only a theoretical potential: yes, you can calculate it, however how can you get to use it? For instance by joining together 40 kg of matter (half of mass of the person who you used in your calculations) and the same mass (40 kg) of antimatter. Where can you get this antimatter? Today we can't yet.
There is no physical process which could extract all that imense energy you've calculated, excepting the join of matter and antimatter. Unfortunately. Or fortunately? Who knows?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Since we're having this side talk, I believe a better idea of tapping into currently unexploited sources of energy would be, besides nuclear fusion, finding a way to convert gravitation into energy. Every body has a mass, but apart from taking advantage of natural sources based on gravity (like rivers via hydro power or sea via tidal power), the pressure resulting from the weight of a body is still not used.

Imagine how much energy we'd be able to use if some sort of system to convert mass into energy this way was available. Any building, any man made body, every step made by humans or even static positions like sitting on a chair or in bed could be converted into energy if the gravitational force that's pushing objects against each other was fully exploited. This would be relatively free (i.e. minimal energy required to produce it), and available on any planet out there, even one that would hypothetically lack other resources - assuming some devices mounted on the contact zone (for example, on the shoes' sole for humans).
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: April 24th, 2023, 2:54 pm Good calculation, however that energy can't be used in physical processes. It has only a theoretical potential: yes, you can calculate it, however how can you get to use it? For instance by joining together 40 kg of matter (half of mass of the person who you used in your calculations) and the same mass (40 kg) of antimatter. Where can you get this antimatter? Today we can't yet.
There is no physical process which could extract all that imense energy you've calculated, excepting the join of matter and antimatter. Unfortunately. Or fortunately? Who knows?
Hi, its meant to be funny, a joke, but to prove i'm not stupid, I'm not bad at maths..... Which makes up for the fact I struggle reading and writing.... It all balances out.... LOL

And you are correct that there is no physical process (that we understand) that achieve this, with our current understanding of physics, which does not mean it's impossible, just that we do not know to do it yet (thank God) !.

"There is sufficient power in a postage stamp to send mankind to the stars and back..... Albert Einstein"

He would not explain and flatly refused to be drawn on his casual remark, perhaps he simply knew we were not ready to have that kind of power. But, me being me, I worked out the maths that he must have been referring to.

Keith
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 24th, 2023, 12:09 pm Only since DOS and Turbo Pascal on floppies... :sly:

The same mass of garbage would in theory do the same, with the added benefit of keeping the person alive. :D
It was supposed to be funny..... But show how much potential each of us really has..... I guess garbage has potential as well, I'm into recycling... LOL

Keith
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 24th, 2023, 5:10 pm It was supposed to be funny.....
No problem, I'm always (potentially) funny when being serious and viceversa, so I understand. It's funny... but in a really serious way! :p