It is currently April 26th, 2024, 9:28 pm

Running VBS script from button

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
LuciferVisuals

Re: Running VBS script from button

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 21st, 2023, 9:49 pm hopefully my sincere and self ironical amusement has not been misunderstood. ;-)
Not at all, I knew you would appreciate, the spirit of what I was attempting, the delivery fell a bit short of what I was aiming for ![ But that's the nature of trial and error... :-( .... :? ..... :) ] But I'll do some more work on it. I think it will amuse people when the first time they see it.

I have reached a sort of convenient point, in that everything is working, and things have been going well. So firstly I can afford to mess with something without being under a self-imposed time limit. It also means I have the time to finally go back through all my previous post and answers.

I know thinking time and time again "OH, I'll come back to that, but until now its been a battle to get stuff done or fix it. Really nice just playing with it and casually looking at the error log and seeing all Blue Circles.

This might amuse. On my first attempt at the Event Horizon (WATER), I got something simple in the path to the images wrong, looking at the log was like watching a machine gun of red error messages, dozens a second, ALARMING for a second, but the rate they appeared immediately told me where the error was.

After that I'll have a go at making my first actual stargate, while obviously I can start off with the code I already have and substitute new images, which will be a doddle. I will start by playing with yours, and pulling it apart. I might nick that Whoosh effect, the image quality are lower res than I would usually like to start of with (said he sounding like he has been doing this for years...LOL), but when superimposed over the higher resolution images it would probably look perfect, after all the whoosh itself is over in the blink of an eye, it's only about 14 frames. The way I wish to do it I need the whoosh and close wormhole effect as separate images, so it can be opened and shut. Also "Close THE IRIS" would probably be easier to find ", in fact I might have it on you tube clip, I have a whole directory of them, saved for future use. I have to basically do what I did with the star wars text, but much easier, I don't have to grab frames. Just get irfanview to extract them from the clip,then ready for me to mess with, much easier. :thumbup:

TTFN
Keith
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 21st, 2023, 7:25 pm

Other than that ...
OhMan.jpg
:o :jawdrop :o
Babala, Cinhonito and Codecode, the three musketeers! You nasty d'Artagnan! :rolmfao: :rolmfao: :rolmfao:
This is weird :???:

I wrote that Star Wars stuff in a text file, so I could play and edit it and have more than one go at grabbing images without starting over, well start over but simply cut and paste my copy into the online text maker. This is the file I wrote it in, Strange but I was certain I had carefully checked your three names (Knowing I might well get them wrong). Anyway just went to the file to correct them first in case I forgot to do it once I get into it, and they look right. Am I missing something here? Or did the online text maker mess them up?

Keith
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 22nd, 2023, 3:15 pmThis is the file I wrote it in, Strange but I was certain I had carefully checked your three names (Knowing I might well get them wrong). Anyway just went to the file to correct them first in case I forgot to do it once I get into it, and they look right. Am I missing something here? Or did the online text maker mess them up?
Only the 2nd time they are written correctly. The 1st time they are not:
Typos.jpg
LuciferVisuals wrote: April 22nd, 2023, 2:44 pmThe way I wish to do it I need the whoosh and close wormhole effect as separate images, so it can be opened and shut. Also "Close THE IRIS" would probably be easier to find "
Which is the woosh and which is the wormhole effect? I thought the woosh is the entire sequence of the "water" jumping out of the stargate and back. Or maybe you're referring to this as the wormhole effect?
I know what closing / opening the iris is, but I don't think it will be that easy to find from a centered and unobturated view.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 22nd, 2023, 3:41 pm Only the 2nd time they are written correctly. The 1st time they are not:
Typos.jpg
Thank You Looksed for ages didn't see it.... And I wrote it..... That's Dyslexia... Word Blindness
Which is the woosh and which is the wormhole effect? I thought the woosh is the entire sequence of the "water" jumping out of the stargate and back. Or maybe you're referring to this as the wormhole effect?
Thats me not thinking clearly, I'm not used to discussing Star Gate (which doesn't really exists) with anyone let alone by the written word. So have probably used the wrong word at the wrong time, In theory they are all one and the same. The wormhole is actually the passage through space,but I didn't mean that, (but you got me thinking now), that would probably be a vortex effect, but you would not normally see that until you stepped through the event horizon, the event horizon is the opening point or doorway into the worm hole, that's the pool effect. The Whoosh effect is a new wormhole opening and stabilising.

I was going to superimpose the Whoosh, over the stable event horizon, (pool) so the Whoosh could run once, leaving a stable event horizon, You might see better in the revised version of Remote-Credits.ini attached, which has for the moment got both the pool which you have, and the Whoosh, which I have attached. This is still a work in progress, but any comments welcome. Atm I'm just using copies of two of mysquare action buttons floating above the gate to open and shut the wormhole.

Keith

My alert bell above did not tell me I had any messages at all, so something not right there.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 22nd, 2023, 3:41 pm
I know what closing / opening the iris is, but I don't think it will be that easy to find from a centered and unobturated view.
I found one by luck in my collection of event horizons, needs work but angle is perfect, need to remove a couple of heads that just get into the iris image area, Easy to do by making the circular mask that would remove the rest of the scene a bit smaller than it would otherwise need to be..... But not even thought about that atm.

Keith
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 22nd, 2023, 3:41 pm
Much better whoosh
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 12:57 pm Thank You Looksed for ages didn't see it.... And I wrote it..... That's Dyslexia... Word Blindness
Yeah, didn't even think about the typos per se, at first I thought you were doing like in some books and movies where the names of the characters are changed to protect their identity, only to reveal them later on in the following paragraphs. The results sounded very funny, like Nigerian, Latino and robotic drug lord names, and this matched the overall funny nature of the story telling, thus my amusement. I used to do similar changes to the story files in Civilization games when younger.
LuciferVisuals wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 12:57 pm The wormhole is actually the passage through space,but I didn't mean that, (but you got me thinking now), that would probably be a vortex effect, but you would not normally see that until you stepped through the event horizon, the event horizon is the opening point or doorway into the worm hole, that's the pool effect. The Whoosh effect is a new wormhole opening and stabilising.
Well, the vortex .gif could be included somewhere too - just a thought, of course.
LuciferVisuals wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 12:57 pm I was going to superimpose the Whoosh, over the stable event horizon, (pool) so the Whoosh could run once, leaving a stable event horizon
Yep, I realized that this is what you were talking about, even without the files. Looks good, but I'd be more interested in the final result (i.e. before releasing the skin later on) than at each point during its evolution. Screenshots or verbal descriptions take less time and space to illustrate than full sets or multiple skin versions.
LuciferVisuals wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 1:02 pmI found one by luck in my collection of event horizons, needs work but angle is perfect, need to remove a couple of heads that just get into the iris image area
Excellent! I'm sure you will find the right place and moment to include those too. :thumbup:
LuciferVisuals wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 1:56 pmMuch better whoosh
Indeed, though you seem to have skipped Woosh3.png and Woosh4.png from the refinement.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 2:14 pm Yeah, didn't even think about the typos per se, at first I thought you were doing like in some books and movies where the names of the characters are changed to protect their identity, only to reveal them later on in the following paragraphs. The results sounded very funny, like Nigerian, Latino and robotic drug lord names, and this matched the overall funny nature of the story telling, thus my amusement. I used to do similar changes to the story files in Civilization games when younger.
Yeah that's what I was doing in fact, just seeing if you were paying attention. :Whistle
Well, the vortex .gif could be included somewhere too - just a thought, of course.
Yep, great idea. It's just asking to be used really. The only difficult thing about the graphics is the file size TBH. I don't know if you noticed but Whoosh 4 was not only much better to look at, it was much smaller. I just wish my coding skills could keep up with my graphics, I can do almost anything with an image now. Sadly they are worlds apart, and getting further apart every day. Still I suppose it's still early days?
Screenshots or verbal descriptions take less time and space to illustrate than full sets or multiple skin versions.
TBH... As I knew you were really interested, I wanted to show off what I had done, and with an animation, a screenshot doesn't do it justice. But I'll try and keep it under control.[/quote]
Excellent! I'm sure you will find the right place and moment to include those too. :thumbup:
Found three now, but none are really good enough, then had a new idea, and found a different working Iris video (Not StarGate), Its not identical, but close enough, when superimposed over a gate, and the results are very promising, (as he is just about to start over for the third time LOL) ;-)
Indeed, though you seem to have skipped Woosh3.png and Woosh4.png from the refinement.
Are you talking about the improvement in the short time between time between 3 and 4, ?

I said I was getting fast at the graphics, but I think that was a record, For once I didn't screw anything up at all. LOL. As said above I'm much better with images than words. But I have always been very good at art, this is just like painting but with light, or pixels.

Keith
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 3:48 pmAre you talking about the improvement in the short time between time between 3 and 4, ?
No, I was talking about the black pixels that are still around the woosh area. In the other images / frames, these are reasonably removed to leave transparent areas instead.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 3:57 pm the black pixelS
That's basically the difference between 3 and 4, and the outlines are like wise improved. Vrs 3 was my first actual working edition, you cant see the problem when it isn't animated (well once you know its there you might,) To me they looked perfect, until O actually used them in a skin, then I could immediately see they needed more work. Other than that its just a few changes to the shape to make it a bit more irregular, and making the file size smaller, which helps no end with running on my ancient computer (Built before the Star Gates... Lol).

Overall made a big difference.

Keith