It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 1:51 am

Lyrical

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Lyrical

Post by eclectic-tech »

Silly Web wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 9:06 am Does this still work with MusicBee? I'm not getting any music information at all but, I can't tell if that's because I set it up wrong...
I changed the PlayerInterface to MusicBee, I refreshed it as well restarted my PC, and nothing... my music is labeled correctly.

I haven't used Rainmeter in a long while, and I definitely don't know how adding support for MusicBee works so, it's probably an issue on my end but, I thought I'd ask as I've been messing with it for a bit, and I'm stumped. :???:
Set the PlayerInterface to CAD for MusicBee.

From the documentation:
MusicBee: PlayerName=CAD
Fully supported. MusicBee 1.2 (or higher) is required.

And you need to set MusicBee preferences to enable Cd Art Display.
musicbeepref.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silly Web

Post by Silly Web »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 12:09 pm
Set the PlayerInterface to CAD for MusicBee.

And you need to set MusicBee preferences to enable Cd Art Display.
As in set it like this "PlayerInterface=CAD"? I've done that as well, and I'll keep it that way now but, it doesn't really affect anything. Also, I forgot to mention but, I have the cd art display enabled... my MusicBee version is also "3.5.8447".

I've tried to swap it to Windows Media Player, and changed the PlayerInterface to WMP to see if it works for me, and it flickers for some reason but, it is working, and displaying the title, artist, and lyrics so, I'm not sure why MusicBee is being a hassle.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Silly Web wrote: December 28th, 2023, 5:20 am As in set it like this "PlayerInterface=CAD"? I've done that as well, and I'll keep it that way now but, it doesn't really affect anything. Also, I forgot to mention but, I have the cd art display enabled... my MusicBee version is also "3.5.8447".

I've tried to swap it to Windows Media Player, and changed the PlayerInterface to WMP to see if it works for me, and it flickers for some reason but, it is working, and displaying the title, artist, and lyrics so, I'm not sure why MusicBee is being a hassle.
Out of curiosity, did MusicBee recently switch from an x86 architecture to an x64 one or similar? The situations are different, but I remember this being an issue for foobar2000 which also uses CAD as the value of that option, albeit requiring a plugin for it (unlike MusicBee, of course).
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Silly Web

Post by Silly Web »

Yincognito wrote: December 28th, 2023, 9:43 am Out of curiosity, did MusicBee recently switch from an x86 architecture to an x64 one or similar?
Ah, I'm not sure but, I don't think so...? I only started using it a couple of years ago, MusicBee is stored in the x86 folder, and is 32-bit program, when I check the MusicBee forums other users say there has never be a 64-bit version. Sorry, if I misunderstood the question, I've never heard the term "architecture" used in reference to computers.

I installed different versions of MusicBee one older, and the current release, and it is now working for some reason so, it must've been a problem with my version of MusicBee for some reason but, I'm still having an issue...

The lyrics don't show up properly every time, and sort of pop in, and then disappear unless I play the song again in MusicBee. Here's an example of what I mean, the lyrics appearing the second time are from me going into MusicBee, and telling it to play the song again which for some reason makes them appear properly.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Silly Web wrote: December 28th, 2023, 1:28 pm Ah, I'm not sure but, I don't think so...? I only started using it a couple of years ago, MusicBee is stored in the x86 folder, and is 32-bit program, when I check the MusicBee forums other users say there has never be a 64-bit version. Sorry, if I misunderstood the question, I've never heard the term "architecture" used in reference to computers.

I installed different versions of MusicBee one older, and the current release, and it is now working for some reason so, it must've been a problem with my version of MusicBee for some reason but, I'm still having an issue...

The lyrics don't show up properly every time, and sort of pop in, and then disappear unless I play the song again in MusicBee. Here's an example of what I mean, the lyrics appearing the second time are from me going into MusicBee, and telling it to play the song again which for some reason makes them appear properly.
Sorry you are experiencing problems. I use version 3.4 of Musicbee and have similar issues depending on the track that is selected. Most tracks I tested with MusicBee did not show any lyrics, while WinAmp and WMP did show lyrics for the same tracks.

Not sure if there is a "fix" for this concerning getting lyrics from all supported players. NowPlaying's ability to obtain lyrics has always been intermittent and seldom mentioned on the forum because it relies on information that must be in the selected file and also uses a single web source to search.
Docs wrote:The Lyrics type will detect and use both the Artist and Title values found for the .mp3 file in its ID3 tags, and will search https://www.letras.mus.br for the lyrics, returning the first match. No match is possible if both Artist and Title are not present in the ID3 tags for the .mp3 file.
Obtaining reliable lyrics through the NowPlaying interface is a feature that relies on several required parameters that are not always going to produce results, so I look at this feature as an added benefit when it works and realize it has limitations that I cannot control.

Sorry I can't offer more help, perhaps the Dev Team has some ideas... :rosegift:
Silly Web

Post by Silly Web »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 28th, 2023, 2:06 pm Sorry I can't offer more help, perhaps the Dev Team has some ideas... :rosegift:
I asked a lot of stuff so thank you for your help at all honestly, I wouldn't have tried re-installing MusicBee in the first place so, even though it has that small issue, I'm just happy it's working somewhat. :)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 28th, 2023, 2:06 pmI use version 3.4 of Musicbee and have similar issues depending on the track that is selected. Most tracks I tested with MusicBee did not show any lyrics, while WinAmp and WMP did show lyrics for the same tracks.
I have no idea how you managed to "use" this ... "bee" or whatever, cause I can't get to work with NowPlaying at all. Not even got to the lyrics stuff, it just won't display the song being played. Tried several of this bee versions, nothing. Even tried the Soita skin from the manual, same lack of results. :confused:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Yincognito wrote: December 28th, 2023, 4:05 pm I have no idea how you managed to "use" this ... "bee" or whatever, cause I can't get to work with NowPlaying at all. Not even got to the lyrics stuff, it just won't display the song being played. Tried several of this bee versions, nothing. Even tried the Soita skin from the manual, same lack of results. :confused:
That happen to me if I loaded the skin AFTER MusicBee was already open. I had to have the skin set to CAD and loaded, then open MusicBee, or close and re-open the player to have NowPlaying see the information.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 29th, 2023, 12:59 pm That happen to me if I loaded the skin AFTER MusicBee was already open. I had to have the skin set to CAD and loaded, then open MusicBee, or close and re-open the player to have NowPlaying see the information.
I was already trying this way too, still had no luck. In any case, I uninstalled the thing and suddenly life seemed prettier. I just thought to speculate a bit regarding MusicBee possibly (?) retrieving MP3 tags online as well (not 100% sure, just looking at its settings, so I might be wrong on this), which would explain its momentary irregular behavior regarding the lyrics. :???: