It is currently April 20th, 2024, 2:04 am

Lyrical

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Lyrical

Post by eclectic-tech »

Updated Lyrical package per several requests and an update to the WebNowPlaying plugins...

V 1.2023.05.21
:17dot1 [Update] WebNowPlaying plugin (latest version)
:17dot6 [Change] Lyrics automatically Scroll from the Start
:17dot6 [Change] Speed step now matched to current Scaler

Links updated in first post
PhantomRAM

Post by PhantomRAM »

eclectic-tech wrote: May 21st, 2023, 1:13 pm
V 1.2023.05.21
:17dot1 [Update] WebNowPlaying plugin (latest version)
:17dot6 [Change] Lyrics automatically Scroll from the Start
:17dot6 [Change] Speed step now matched to current Scaler
Well done, and thank YOU.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

PhantomRAM wrote: May 21st, 2023, 2:14 pm Well done, and thank YOU.
No problem, I had originally set up the skin to start the text at the vertical center of the lyrics display and begin scrolling, but somewhere along in the re-design process I changed the code. So, putting it back in was fairly simple. :thumbup:
Emendrael

Post by Emendrael »

Hello Buddy,

Nice addon, really!

The Lyrics are only for local music player right? It doesn't work when it's related to webnowplaying?

I'm using YTMusic, Webnowplayingredux, so I was wondering if the lyrics were adaptable.

Anyway, in its "web player" variante, it is working perfectly, whenever it is the cover, the music bar, "next track" and stuff

Thx!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Emendrael wrote: July 27th, 2023, 12:01 pmThe Lyrics are only for local music player right? It doesn't work when it's related to webnowplaying?

I'm using YTMusic, Webnowplayingredux, so I was wondering if the lyrics were adaptable.
The lyrics in eclectic-tech's skin (and mine from my suite, which also scrolls lyrics, albeit manually) are provided by a NowPlaying (and not WebNowPlaying) measure. The said measure works with local files indeed, but local files that have a (MP3) tag that provides the artist and track values used by NowPlaying to search for the corresponding lyrics (see the Notes here). Since WebNowPlaying doesn't (yet?) provide lyric searching, works with more than local files (at least partially), and the online data, as far as I know, doesn't really have tags, you won't be able to get the lyrics by using it.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
jsie

Post by jsie »

Thank you for sharing! Since I'm new to RM, I can just do a few simple Settings. Now I have a problem, I can not display the lyrics when using aimp, what can be the possible reason? I actually put the lyrics in the same directory as the songs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsie wrote: August 4th, 2023, 8:47 am Thank you for sharing! Since I'm new to RM, I can just do a few simple Settings. Now I have a problem, I can not display the lyrics when using aimp, what can be the possible reason? I actually put the lyrics in the same directory as the songs.
Should work, considering that AIMP is fully supported by NowPlaying (just like for Winamp, as displayed below):
Lyrics.jpg
You should check if:
- you're using the NowPlaying (and not the WebNowPlaying) variant of the skin, via right clicking on the skin and choosing the said variant
- you've correctly set up the PlayerInterface=WinAmp line to PlayerInterface=AIMP by right clicking on the skin and choosing Edit Variables
- your audio file has the correct MP3 tag providing the Artist name and track Title to NowPlaying exactly like they are displayed in your screenshot
After you make and save whatever changes are necessary, right click on the skin, choose More Actions... and then Refresh skin. That should make it work.

Note: Displaying the lyrics has absolutely nothing to do with putting a local lyrics file in one directory or another, since lyrics are provided via searching the https://www.letras.mus.br site for them, based on the Artist name and track Title retrieved by NowPlaying from the local audio file's MP3 tag.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsie

Post by jsie »

thanks! It works.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsie wrote: August 4th, 2023, 3:44 pm thanks! It works.
Enjoy! :great:
Silly Web

Post by Silly Web »

Does this still work with MusicBee? I'm not getting any music information at all but, I can't tell if that's because I set it up wrong...
I changed the PlayerInterface to MusicBee, I refreshed it as well as restarted my PC, and nothing... my music is labeled correctly.

I haven't used Rainmeter in a long while, and I definitely don't know how adding support for MusicBee works so, it's probably an issue on my end but, I thought I'd ask as I've been messing with it for a bit, and I'm stumped. :???:
Last edited by Silly Web on December 28th, 2023, 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.