It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:50 am

Align Clock Skin horizontal by it :

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Align Clock Skin horizontal by it :

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 16th, 2023, 11:34 pm This means the SkinWidth should be twice that value; SkinWidth=(240*#Scale#) in [Rainmeter].
Just to add something (and dont want to nitpick, however), if you set a size for the skin with the SkinWidth and SkinHeigh options, you can't set the skin to have a dynamic area. The SkinWidth and SkinHeight options pair doesn't make too much sense along with the DynamicWindowSize=1, because the SkinWidth / SkinHeight set a well defined area for the skin, while the DynamicWindowSize shoud make the skin to have a variable area. You can use one of these, not both. Well, in fact you can use both, there is nothing wrong with this (no error messages in the log, nothing), however the DynamicWindowSize=1 is completely useless in such a case.
Instead of setting a defined size for the skin (with the SkinWidth and SkinHeight options), I better would tend to use the DynamicWidnowSize=1 option (removing SkinWidth and SkinHeight). If the meters are correctly positioned, as they are in your code, this avoids the cutting of the meters.
deadeye wrote: March 14th, 2023, 10:52 am I'm using striped down version of the Simple Clock 2.0 skin in my rainmeter setup.
Since eclectich-tech has fixed the issue above, and he completely removed this option (adding SolidColor for the meters), actually this is not the case anymore, however I just saw this and have to say: the SolidColor=0,0,0,1 added to the [Rainmeter] section alone, doesn't work. To get a solid background for the skin, along with SolidColor you have to add a BackgroundMode=2 option as well to the same [Rainmeter] section. The skin based on your initial code had no background, even if you intended to add one (my guess), exactly due to this detail.
deadeye

Post by deadeye »

Wow, thanks a lot for solving this problem. I have never used rainmeter before, so this is all new to me and it would have taken weeks to figure out the problem by myself. :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

deadeye wrote: March 20th, 2023, 7:19 am Wow, thanks a lot for solving this problem. I have never used rainmeter before, so this is all new to me and it would have taken weeks to figure out the problem by myself. :thumbup:
Great! Recommend you to keep working, if this is so, you are interested and you like Rainmeter. It can offer you a lot of satisfaction over time.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: March 17th, 2023, 1:57 pmYou can use one of these, not both.
To get a solid background for the skin, along with SolidColor you have to add a BackgroundMode=2 option as well to the same [Rainmeter] section.
Personally, I almost always prefer to set a rectangular Shape meter or a blank Image meter as background in these cases, they're more flexible, allow setting an equivalent to the skin dimensions and work with the dynamic window size... :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:31 pm Personally, I almost always prefer to set a rectangular Shape meter or a blank Image meter as background in these cases, they're more flexible, allow setting an equivalent to the skin dimensions and work with the dynamic window size... :confused:
Yep, but what I said was that a SolidColor option added to the [Rainmeter] section makes not too much sense without a BackgroundMode=2 option. Obviously different people like different ways to create a background, but I just wanted to fix a detail which I found in the code and which prevented the background to appear.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:39 pm Yep, but what I said was that a SolidColor option added to the [Rainmeter] section makes not too much sense without a BackgroundMode=2 option. Obviously different people like different ways to create a background, but I just wanted to fix a detail which I found in the code and which prevented the background to appear.
Definitely! :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth