It is currently April 27th, 2024, 2:09 pm

Rainmeter Manager not opening

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
BiznesCr1

Rainmeter Manager not opening

Post by BiznesCr1 »

I have this weird problem with Rainmeter that all skins run perfectly, but I don't see the desktop manager in the taskbar even in the hidden icons. On top of that, whenever I launch the .exe from the folder or my start menu, where I have pinned it, the app won't open. Does anybody know what could be causing this issue? Thank you in advance.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter Manager not opening

Post by balala »

BiznesCr1 wrote: March 8th, 2023, 7:07 pm but I don't see the desktop manager in the taskbar even in the hidden icons.
I assume what you don't see is the Manage Rainmeter dialog. Am I right?
BiznesCr1 wrote: March 8th, 2023, 7:07 pm I have this weird problem with Rainmeter that all skins run perfectly, but I don't see the desktop manager in the taskbar even in the hidden icons. On top of that, whenever I launch the .exe from the folder or my start menu, where I have pinned it, the app won't open. Does anybody know what could be causing this issue? Thank you in advance.
Do you have the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

BiznesCr1 wrote: March 8th, 2023, 7:07 pm I have this weird problem with Rainmeter that all skins run perfectly, but I don't see the desktop manager in the taskbar even in the hidden icons
For this, open your C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini file and ensure that the TrayIcon setting is set to 1 or is not present at all. If it is set to zero, delete the entire line or set the value to 1.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
TrayIcon=1
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
BiznesCr1

Post by BiznesCr1 »

balala wrote: March 8th, 2023, 7:24 pm I assume what you don't see is the Manage Rainmeter dialog. Am I right?
Yeah I think that is it. No I didn't have it but I tried opening one of my skins .ini files with the rainmeter app and it started it. Still disappeares after a bit of time though.
BiznesCr1

Post by BiznesCr1 »

SilverAzide wrote: March 8th, 2023, 9:10 pm For this, open your C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini file and ensure that the TrayIcon setting is set to 1 or is not present at all. If it is set to zero, delete the entire line or set the value to 1.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
TrayIcon=1
I tried that but I didn't have this line. What fixed it temporarily is setting one of my skin's.ini files to open with rainmeter. The app closed after a bit of time though with the skin staying on.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

BiznesCr1 wrote: March 10th, 2023, 4:01 am I tried that but I didn't have this line. What fixed it temporarily is setting one of my skin's.ini files to open with rainmeter. The app closed after a bit of time though with the skin staying on.
It sounds like the problem is that skin you are using is crashing Rainmeter. Can you load any of the default Illustro skins?
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SilverAzide wrote: March 10th, 2023, 4:18 am It sounds like the problem is that skin you are using is crashing Rainmeter. Can you load any of the default Illustro skins?
Activating an illustro skin might help, only if the skin has not been altered. If it has been, the same behavior could occur.
BiznesCr1 wrote: March 10th, 2023, 4:01 am What fixed it temporarily is setting one of my skin's.ini files to open with rainmeter. The app closed after a bit of time though with the skin staying on.
Not sure what you mean by this. What the "setting one of my skin's.ini files to open with rainmeter" does mean? Because the skins (which are .ini files) can be activated with Rainmeter, however opening a .ini file has to be done in text editor program, like Notepad or Notepad++. So, by open a file with Rainmeter, do you mean activating the skin?
And what the "The app closed after a bit of time though with the skin staying on." does mean? If Rainmeter closed, the skin could not stay on (or I am misunderstanding something).