It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:57 pm

Rainmeter Newbie!!!

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
milewheeler

Rainmeter Newbie!!!

Post by milewheeler »

Hey new to rainmeter, I'm getting started on configuring it. I want to know how to get the time and date like in the website below. Any code I need to put in or what?
Thanks in advance.

http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/62898
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter Newbie!!!

Post by eclectic-tech »

milewheeler wrote: March 8th, 2023, 2:05 pm Hey new to rainmeter, I'm getting started on configuring it. I want to know how to get the time and date like in the website below. Any code I need to put in or what?
Thanks in advance.

http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/62898
THat link doesn't work for me... can you post an image?

And I would strongly suggest reading this post from 2016 concerning the state of that website.
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=22426#p118538... I for one will never go to that site. :twisted:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter Newbie!!!

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 8th, 2023, 2:25 pm THat link doesn't work for me...
Doesn't for me either.
milewheeler wrote: March 8th, 2023, 2:05 pm I want to know how to get the time and date like in the website below. Any code I need to put in or what?
Since we couldn't get the skin wanted to post / link (as described above), there are some general things related to Time measures.
For first you need a skin, what supposedly you have. Then you need a Time measure into this skin, with a properly created Format option. For instance something like this:

Code: Select all

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S
The above Format option establishes how the returned date and time looks like. In this case it is composed by:
  • %d - Day by two digits.
  • %m - Month by two digits.
  • %Y - Year by four digits.
  • %H - Hour by two digits in 24-hour format.
  • %M - Minutes by two digits.
  • %S - Seconds by two digits.
Obviously you can alter the above format. You just have to take the appropriate codes from here and replace the ones in the above Format option with the desired ones.
And you'll need one more thing: a String meter, which can show what the above [MeasureTime] measure is returning. For instance something like this:

Code: Select all

[MeterTime]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureTime
X=0
Y=0
Padding=15,5,15,5
FontColor=220,220,220
FontEffectColor=0,0,0
StringEffect=Shadow
SolidColor=0,0,0,150
FontSize=18
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFTCENTER
AntiAlias=1
Text=%1
Save the file containing the above measure and meter, give a Refresh All to Rainmeter (if needed), then finally activate the skin. You get something like this: 08/03/2023 18:05:42. If you've modified the Format option, the result looks obviously into a different way, but I hope you got the idea.
Sorry if I misunderstood your question. If I did, please come back for first with a fixed and working link.