It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:02 am

IfCondition Show/Hide MeterImage or MeterGroup

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: IfCondition Show/Hide MeterImage or MeterGroup

Post by SilverAzide »

I started a thread on the Bugs & Feature Suggestions forum, here.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Brian
Developer

Re: IfCondition Show/Hide MeterImage or MeterGroup

Post by Brian »

@neo.nemek

I might have missed this in your previous discussion, but could you answer a few questions?
  1. Is your USB wifi device connected WHILE the ethernet is active? Or do you disconnect the ethernet connection, and then connect the USB wifi device? Obviously you won't be using a ethernet and wifi connection at the same time since Windows will prefer the ethernet connection over a wifi connection, but I am wondering if both are simultaneously connected and enabled at the same time.

Spacer
  2. Could you post your entire log in the following 3 scenarios? The WifiStatus measure will log some debug messages if no interfaces are available when the very first WifiStatus measure is first loaded, so it's possible that debug message was missed when you posted your log earlier. You may need to load a simple skin using WifiStatus information, and not a complicated skin that might disable the WifiStatus measures. You could try something like this:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
    Update=1000
    AccurateText=1
    DynamicWindowSize=1

[MeasureSSID]
    Measure=WiFiStatus
    WiFiInfoType=SSID

[MeasureNetworks]
    Measure=WiFiStatus
    WiFiInfoType=LIST
    WiFiListStyle=7

[MeterSSID]
    Meter=String
    MeasureName=MeasureSSID
    MeasureName2=MeasureNetworks
    Padding=5,2,5,2
    SolidColor=0,0,0
    FontColor=255,255,255
    Text=SSID: %1#CRLF#Networks:#CRLF#%2

With Rainmeter OFF and Ethernet ON and Wifi device DISCONNECTED, start Rainmeter with ONLY the above skin. Once loaded, copy the log elsewhere and rename it something like Ethernet_1-Wifi-0.log. Then quit Rainmeter.

Then with Rainmeter OFF and Ethernet ON and Wifi device CONNECTED, start Rainmeter with ONLY the above skin. Once loaded, copy the log elsewhere and rename it something like Ethernet_1-Wifi-1.log. Then quit Rainmeter.

And lastly, with Rainmeter OFF and Ethernet OFF and Wifi device CONNECTED, start Rainmeter with ONLY the above skin. Once loaded, copy the log elsewhere and rename it something like Ethernet_0-Wifi-1.log.

Then upload your log files here.

Since I already know the WifiStatus measure will not update its internal interface list, there is no need to try connecting the wifi device while Rainmeter is running. It won't update. However, I am interested on any debug messages you getting (or not getting) in these 3 scenarios.

Spacer
  3. Since I cannot replicate your issue, could you help me fix the issue by testing a few special builds of Rainmeter? (I haven't made them yet, but I will in the next few days). I will post a link to the special build's in the "Bugs" thread on this issue.

Bug thread: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=213003#p213003

Thanks!
-Brian