It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:29 pm

fix - skins keeps moving

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
juul vereijken

fix - skins keeps moving

Post by juul vereijken »

hi,
i have instaled an skin [https://www.deviantart.com/chusecubr/art/Docket-2-0-0-916296666] and it keeps moving out of my screen.
i have tried:
[*]to turn of movement,
[*]set the location to a specific cordinate
when i do this, it keeps chaning the cordenate to an lower one that i can set.
for example: i set the Y cordenate to 800, then it automaticly sets it to 695. after a few seconds it automatilcy sets it to 801.
[*]set the location in the files to a specific cordinate
thank you in advence.

balala
this is caused by the OnRefreshAction options of the [Rainmeter] sections. All skins belonging to this package have this option. For instance the option of the earlier mentioned Clock skin is this: OnRefreshAction=[!SetWindowPosition "90%" "970" "100%" "100%"]. This option is executed when you refresh the skin. When executed, the !SetWindowPosition bang places the skin into certain position, set by the given parameters.
There is an extremely simple fix: remove the OnRefreshAction options (or for first at least comment them out, by adding semicolons ; to the beginning of them) of all skins you don't want to get moved when you refresh them. After removing / commenting out the options, when you refresh any of those skins, it stays where it is when refreshing.
Attachments
week.ini
fixed -
(810 Bytes) Downloaded 19 times
schedule.ini
fixed -
(1.75 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
clock.ini
fixed -
(486 Bytes) Downloaded 14 times
week.ini
original -
(870 Bytes) Downloaded 13 times
schedule.ini
original -
(1.81 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
schedule.inc
original -
(2.6 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
schedule.csv
original -
(282 Bytes) Downloaded 13 times
clock.ini
original - i have tried to change the cordenates in this one because i sow that there wear some cordenates. it didn't help.
(548 Bytes) Downloaded 13 times
Last edited by juul vereijken on January 21st, 2023, 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: help - skins keeps moving

Post by balala »

juul vereijken wrote: January 20th, 2023, 2:42 pm i have instaled an skin [https://www.deviantart.com/chusecubr/art/Docket-2-0-0-916296666] and it keeps moving out of my screen.
This is not a skin, but a package, containing more skins. Which is the one you have the described problems with? And am not entirely sure what you mean by "keeps moving". Is one of those skins moving, just like that? I tried activating all of them, one by one and none is moving for me. So, which is the moving skin?
juul vereijken wrote: January 20th, 2023, 2:42 pm [*]to turn of movement,
How did you do this?
juul vereijken

Post by juul vereijken »

balala wrote: January 20th, 2023, 4:08 pm This is not a skin, but a package, containing more skins. Which is the one you have the described problems with? And am not entirely sure what you mean by "keeps moving". Is one of those skins moving, just like that? I tried activating all of them, one by one and none is moving for me. So, which is the moving skin?

How did you do this?
hi,
i have the same problem with the hole packege.
they automatily change there cordinates. that what i disciped with "keeps moving".
i turned moving off in the rainmeter interface.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

juul vereijken wrote: January 20th, 2023, 6:09 pm i have the same problem with the hole packege.
they automatily change there cordinates. that what i disciped with "keeps moving".
I'm extremely surprised, because there is nothing which could explain such a behavior for all skins. Just to make sure I didn't misunderstood something: if you refresh / activate the Docket\Clock\clock.ini skin, does it start moving?
juul vereijken wrote: January 20th, 2023, 6:09 pm i turned moving off in the rainmeter interface.
How? Because I have no idea on how can you do this. So, how did you turn off the movement?
juul vereijken

Post by juul vereijken »

balala wrote: January 20th, 2023, 6:36 pm I'm extremely surprised, because there is nothing which could explain such a behavior for all skins. Just to make sure I didn't misunderstood something: if you refresh / activate the Docket\Clock\clock.ini skin, does it start moving?

How? Because I have no idea on how can you do this. So, how did you turn off the movement?
hi,
i do not understand it my self. i'm not a Professional or so but it just seems strange.
it doesn't move direcly. it just changed the cordinates after some while. around 10-30 seconds i thing.
when i refresh all the skins, they go to the coresponding cordinates.
the shedual skin usaly moves direcly after refresh.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

juul vereijken wrote: January 20th, 2023, 6:45 pm when i refresh all the skins, they go to the coresponding cordinates.
Alright, finally I realized what are you talking about. If you move the skin away from its default position (the position in which it is placed after refreshing it) and you refresh it once again, you get it moved. Is this what you want to say?
If it is (and I'm absolutely positive now it is), this is caused by the OnRefreshAction options of the [Rainmeter] sections. All skins belonging to this package have this option. For instance the option of the earlier mentioned Clock skin is this: OnRefreshAction=[!SetWindowPosition "90%" "970" "100%" "100%"]. This option is executed when you refresh the skin. When executed, the !SetWindowPosition bang places the skin into certain position, set by the given parameters.
There is an extremely simple fix: remove the OnRefreshAction options (or for first at least comment them out, by adding semicolons ; to the beginning of them) of all skins you don't want to get moved when you refresh them. After removing / commenting out the options, when you refresh any of those skins, it stays where it is when refreshing.
Is this what you want?
juul vereijken

Post by juul vereijken »

balala wrote: January 20th, 2023, 7:18 pm Alright, finally I realized what are you talking about. If you move the skin away from its default position (the position in which it is placed after refreshing it) and you refresh it once again, you get it moved. Is this what you want to say?
If it is (and I'm absolutely positive now it is), this is caused by the OnRefreshAction options of the [Rainmeter] sections. All skins belonging to this package have this option. For instance the option of the earlier mentioned Clock skin is this: OnRefreshAction=[!SetWindowPosition "90%" "970" "100%" "100%"]. This option is executed when you refresh the skin. When executed, the !SetWindowPosition bang places the skin into certain position, set by the given parameters.
Is this what you want?
hi,
it is, sorry for the miscommunicatie from time to time.
i have removed OnRefreshAction=[!SetWindowPosition "90%" "970" "100%" "100%"]. and it seems to be working.
thank you for taking the time.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

juul vereijken wrote: January 21st, 2023, 4:46 pm i have removed OnRefreshAction=[!SetWindowPosition "90%" "970" "100%" "100%"]. and it seems to be working.
thank you for taking the time.
You're welcome. Glad you got it kept in place.