It is currently April 16th, 2024, 7:41 am

HideWhenNotPlaying is not working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
TechneSiyam

HideWhenNotPlaying is not working

Post by TechneSiyam »

Hi,

I am using the https://www.deviantart.com/undefinist/art/The-Fizzualizer-690602015

Code: Select all

[Metadata]
Name=The Fizzualizer
Author=undefinist
Information=Check out the .ini file for some settings
Version=1.2

[Rainmeter]
Update=10
SkinWidth=(#OffsetX#*2+(#NumOfItems#-1)*#SpacingX#+#MinBallSize#*2)
SkinHeight=(#OffsetY#*2+#MinBallSize#*2+#SpacingY#)

[Variables]
; CHANGE PLAYER HERE! http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/plugins/nowplaying
; only used for HideWhenNotPlaying
Player=CAD
HideWhenNotPlaying=0
I want the visualizer to be hidden when I am not playing any music. So, I tried to put 1 in HideWhenNotPlaying. But this hides the visualizer even when music is being played.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: HideWhenNotPlaying is not working

Post by balala »

TechneSiyam wrote: January 8th, 2023, 6:42 am I want the visualizer to be hidden when I am not playing any music. So, I tried to put 1 in HideWhenNotPlaying. But this hides the visualizer even when music is being played.
Which music player do you use? Because the skin as set when is installed is supposed to be working with foobar2000, J. River Media Center, Media Jukebox or MusicBee, due to the Player=CAD variable, set up in the [Variables] section. This variable is then used by the PlayerName option of the [mState] NowPlaying (plugin) measure (PlayerName=#Player#).
To get the skin showing, replace the Player variable with the proper value. You can find the available values here. Note that the needed feature of both partially supported players doesn't work, so you have to use a fully supported player. So, which player do you use?
TechneSiyam

Post by TechneSiyam »

I am not using any MusicPlayer. I am just playing music from Spotify Software and YouTube from my browser.

Am I supposed to install a music player for the visualizer to work?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

TechneSiyam wrote: January 8th, 2023, 4:17 pm I am not using any MusicPlayer. I am just playing music from Spotify Software and YouTube from my browser.

Am I supposed to install a music player for the visualizer to work?
For first you could try replacing the !HideFade bang from the IfTrueAction option of the [mState] measure with !ShowFade:

Code: Select all

[mState]
IfTrueAction=[!ShowFade]
With this step you get the visualizer visible all the time, both when you're playing and when you're not playing music.
To get the skin hidden when not playing another approach is needed, because Spotify is a just partially supported player and the NowPlaying measures can't get the status of this player. And especially can't get the status of what are you playing into web browser, whatever that browser is.
There are other possibilities as well, just try the above solution for first and a little bit later I'll be back with another solution.