It is currently April 25th, 2024, 5:09 am

I Need Help!

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
SeamusX447

I Need Help!

Post by SeamusX447 »

I unloaded a skin that I have to try a new one. Didn't like the new one, so I tried to re-load the first one. Rainmeter won't open now. Downloaded the latest version 10 minutes ago, so that isn't the issue. I'm not savvy with tech jargon (just can't remember what anything is called), so please keep that to a moderate level, thanks.
SeamusX447

Re: I Need Help!

Post by SeamusX447 »

Update: I can find the automatic installer through the file location, but the skins folder (for the specific one I want) aren't showing any compatible files to open.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: I Need Help!

Post by balala »

SeamusX447 wrote: December 25th, 2022, 10:19 am I unloaded a skin that I have to try a new one. Didn't like the new one, so I tried to re-load the first one. Rainmeter won't open now. Downloaded the latest version 10 minutes ago, so that isn't the issue. I'm not savvy with tech jargon (just can't remember what anything is called), so please keep that to a moderate level, thanks.
SeamusX447 wrote: December 25th, 2022, 10:29 am Update: I can find the automatic installer through the file location, but the skins folder (for the specific one I want) aren't showing any compatible files to open.
Let's summarize a little bit, because I'm not sure I follow.
What the "Rainmeter won't open now." does mean? You can't launch Rainmeter, or Rainmeter is launching but the skin refuses to load? My first thought was you had a skin installed and unloaded it and installed the new skin. If this is the case I assume you didn't overwrite the old one (hope you realize that if you did overwrite the old skin, there is no way to load that overwritten old skin, at least not before you reinstalled it). Now you'd like to reload the old skin. Is this correct?
Or you installed the skin and since then the whole Rainmeter doesn't launch at all?
So give us a few details, please.