It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:49 pm

Weather skin not working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mylix

Weather skin not working

Post by Mylix »

Hello, so i've downloaded the SmallCleanWeather package and the Static.ini isn't showing the weather, i've read about something with the code not working or something, but i don't know what it is i would love to get an answer from you!
Attachments
Screenshot_108.png
here's the skin
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather skin not working

Post by SilverAzide »

Mylix wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 2:08 pm Hello, so i've downloaded the SmallCleanWeather package and the Static.ini isn't showing the weather, i've read about something with the code not working or something, but i don't know what it is i would love to get an answer from you!
This was already asked and the solution posted here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=208063
Mylix

Post by Mylix »

SilverAzide wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 3:49 pm This was already asked and the solution posted here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=208063
It worked, Thank you!
trannguyengiakhang

Post by trannguyengiakhang »

Hi everyone. So recently, I've noticed that the new API key of SmallCleanWeather (21d8a80b3d6b444998a80b3d6b1449d3) hasn't been working for quite a while, even though I've closely checked and I'm sure that there're no spacing or grammatical mistakes. Are there any updated solutions for this problem? I'd be happy if anyone can help me :D

Again, many thanks for the help from all of you amazing users.
Attachments
lỗi 1.png
lỗi 2.png
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

trannguyengiakhang wrote: November 21st, 2023, 3:29 pm Are there any updated solutions for this problem?
Yep, there is. Try replacing the APIKey variable with the following one: APIKey=21d8a80b3d6b444998a80b3d6b1449d3. Don't forget to refresh the skin after replacing it.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

trannguyengiakhang wrote: November 21st, 2023, 3:29 pmSo recently, I've noticed that the new API key of SmallCleanWeather [...]
balala wrote: November 21st, 2023, 3:50 pmTry replacing the APIKey variable with the following one [...]
Isn't this the same key the OP is using (and apparently failed to work with)? :???:

Just in case, if by any chance the OP using the correct key but a Russian IP (through a VPN or otherwise), it might be because of this (alternatives exist in such a case, as the following replies mention)...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: November 21st, 2023, 5:14 pm Isn't this the same key the OP is using (and apparently failed to work with)? :???:
Yes and no. Is the same which trannguyengiakhang posted in his reply, but it's different than what the Small Clean Weather skin is using, at least the one I've downloaded. Since trannguyengiakhang didn't post a link, I just assumed he's using the API Key existing in the package. When I replaced the existing key which didn't work, with the new one, the skin has started to work.
Yincognito wrote: November 21st, 2023, 5:14 pm Just in case, if by any chance the OP using the correct key but a Russian IP (through a VPN or otherwise), it might be because of this (alternatives exist in such a case, as the following replies mention)...
Good to be taken into account.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: November 21st, 2023, 6:52 pmI just assumed he's using the API Key existing in the package.
trannguyengiakhang wrote: November 21st, 2023, 3:29 pmI've noticed that the new API key of SmallCleanWeather [...] hasn't been working for quite a while
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: November 21st, 2023, 7:00 pm
I'm sorry but I can't interpret what "new API key" means. Just assumed he's using the original key existing in the package (even if he posted another in his reply) and can't get the skin working with that key. My bad if I misinterpreted the question.
xenium

Post by xenium »

I think trannguyengiakhang lives in Vietnam.
For about 2 weeks, users from Vietnam (as well as users from Russia) no longer have access to the weather.com website.

As alternatives, users from Vietnam and Russia can use the WeatherPlace skin:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=34614
or the Open-Meteo Weather skin:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=43158

Users ifrom Russia can also use the Russian Win10 Widget Weather skin:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=43064