It is currently April 20th, 2024, 5:51 am

Permanent Virtual Desktops

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Tavolo

Permanent Virtual Desktops

Post by Tavolo »

Hello, I would like to have "virtual desktops" that would not be deleted when the pc is restarted (practically I would not like virtual desktops like those of windows). I wish I had a desktop that contains only application for programming, one for games, etc. Do you know if it is possible to do such a thing with rainmater? Or if it is possible to do such a thing with other tools? Thank you!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Permanent Virtual Desktops

Post by SilverAzide »

Tavolo wrote: October 15th, 2022, 7:19 pm Hello, I would like to have "virtual desktops" that would not be deleted when the pc is restarted (practically I would not like virtual desktops like those of windows). I wish I had a desktop that contains only application for programming, one for games, etc. Do you know if it is possible to do such a thing with rainmater? Or if it is possible to do such a thing with other tools? Thank you!
Maybe check out Stardock Fences; it is free to try, I think. It has a kind of multiple desktop capability. It only affects icons and "fences" though, as it's not a true separate virtual desktop. (Rainmeter skins will not be affected.)
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Tavolo

Post by Tavolo »

Not exactly what I wanted, I was trying to create various permanent desktops to create various workspaces, but thanks anyway!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Tavolo wrote: October 15th, 2022, 7:51 pm Not exactly what I wanted, I was trying to create various permanent desktops to create various workspaces, but thanks anyway!
You can try my VirtualDesktop 11 skins from the 'Share Your Creations\Utilities and Tools' on this forum.

It lets you have different Rainmeter Layouts of skins on each virtual desktop. You can also save a unique wallpaper with each layout, but that will slow down the switching from one desktop to another.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 18th, 2022, 7:00 pm You can also save a unique wallpaper with each layout, but that will slow down the switching from one desktop to another.
Only if a wallpaper has a big resolution. The speed decreases when the resolution increases.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Active Colors wrote: October 19th, 2022, 6:57 am Only if a wallpaper has a big resolution. The speed decreases when the resolution increases.
Very true AC...
The effect is less noticeable if you use solid-color backgrounds or tiled images.