It is currently December 3rd, 2022, 12:54 pm

Help with Audio reactive png, not bitmap?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help with Audio reactive png, not bitmap?

Post by eclectic-tech »

After tring your zipped package, I have a few suggestions...

For security, I would suggest using Rainmeter's "Create .rmskin package..." button in the !Manage window rather than using a compressed file format for your distribution. The .rmskin format is a compressed file format with safeguards to prevent modifying your compressed files (adding malware or viruses). You can find instructions for creating packages here.

As for your actual skins, the screen filter currently prevents any interaction with items on your desktop(s). To use the filter and still have access, I would suggest adding an OnRefreshAction to the [Rainmeter] section to set the skin as 'Clickthrough'.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1
OnRefreshAction=[!ClickThrough 1]

[MeterButtonLarge]
Meter=Shape
X=1
Y=1
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,3200,900 | StrokeWidth 0 | Fill Color 27,253,156,40

Your 'DEMO.ini' places the [Confetti] meter behind your Alwyn image [MeterPICREW] (because it is earlier in your code). So, you never see it when you double-click the image.
Move the [Confetti] meter section to the end of your code and change the X value to X=r.

Code: Select all

[MeterPICREW]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#CharacterImages\Character1\PICREWQ.png
PreserveAspectRatio=1
W=300
X=r

[Confetti]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Confetti\[ImageNumberCalc].png
PreserveAspectRatio=1
DynamicVariables=1
Hidden=1 
X=r
That should make end users more likely to download (using an .rmskin formatted) package and improve the useability of your creations.

Glad to see you were able to get this working. :thumbup:

Always happy to help. :welcome:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Besides eclecti-tech's perfect recommendations, I'd add one more.
Since the character of the skin should be placed downside of the screen and maybe close to its right side (this is how the screenshot looks like in the DeviantArt page), I'd suggest trying the following: add this option to the [Rainmeter] section of the code: OnRefreshAction=[!SetWindowPosition "75%" "100%" "50%" "100%"]. This way the horizontal middle of the skin (set by the third parameter, 50%) is placed horizontally to 75% of width of screen. Vertically the skin is placed completely downside (this is set by the second and last parameter, both being 100%). Obviously if you need another location, you can modify these parameters, but the idea is to not have to manually drag the skin to the proper location, but get it directly in position.

Also glad if you got it working as expected. Congratulations for your first skin (I assume it is the first - sorry if I'm mistaken).
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

@ balala
Good Catch! I didn't view the DeviantArt page and missed that... :)