Post by Jaime Méndez »

Hello!

Maintenance!!!
Adjusted some values and fixed some bugs

EXpandExplore 5.1

Update 16/02/2023

I share skin "EXpandExplore" final release v5.1

What is new:
0.- Background transparency for expandable view is On/Off at Mouse Over/Leave action
1.- Clean code to make it faster and more responsive
2.- Many buttons to manage your file browsing
3.- Cleaner skin when not in use hiding all buttons
4.- Change font size for a better reading
5.- Turn on/off images name for cleaner view
6.- Go easily to settings skin at the click of a button to change colors, favorites and launcher
7.- Sort files or show/hide system or hidden files at expandable view
8.- Turn On/Off skin for cleaner desk
9.- Turn on/off help tips while keeping important notifications always On
10.- Added a spacing bar for expandable view
11.- No need for other font installations, skin uses Calibri font.

It is a merge of two great folder explorer skins developed by
juh9870 "EXpandable" https://github.com/juh9870/EXpandableFolder and Qwopjoans "RainExplorer" https://www.deviantart.com/qwopjoans/art/RainExplorer-587532138
Please refer to them for more detailed instructions on how to get the most out of "RainExplore" especially.

I managed to have them work together.

-You will find at first a main folder that you can expand and execute a file with left mouse action.
-Navigate back and forward clicking subfolders or back arrow.
-Resize entire skin with scroll mouse action on main folder.
-You'll find a favorites menu clicking on heart icon.
-Choose a different disk drive clicking on the name of main folder.
-You'll see a small click box located in the upper left corner of the skin with whom you can show or hide a file explorer by clicking it.

You can expand or colapse expandable view at the click of a button

It has the following capabilities that aren't available in original skins :
-Drag&Drop functionality
-Thumbnail pictures and not just the icon file associated in both expandable folder and file explorer
-EXpandable folder navigation in conjunction to the explorer
-Skin resize
-Recent accessed file in explorer
-File manipulation with "Context Menu" right clicking on files
-Change file or folder names when on explorer
-Scroll up/down to show more files at expandable
-And much more!

I hope you enjoy it!

Notes:
-You can find same version here: Deviantart

It looks like this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jaime Méndez on February 16th, 2023, 8:18 pm, edited 67 times in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: EXpandableExplorer

Post by balala »

Jaime Méndez wrote: September 30th, 2022, 9:17 pm Important!!!!
Place magick.exe into "Rainmeter\Skins\EXpandExplore\@Resources\Apps" directory
Why didn't you include magic.exe directly to the installer?
Jaime Méndez

Post by Jaime Méndez »

Hi, Because forum didn't let me upload the file due to size limitation rule :(
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jaime Méndez wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 1:47 pm Hi, Because forum didn't let me upload the file due to size limitation rule :(
Good point! My bad didn't figure this out. Sorry...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: EXpandExplore

Post by balala »

Jaime Méndez wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 1:14 pm You can change aspect ratio of Expandable folder in Resources\ExpandVariables.inc
Change the integer number here: Tiles_Len=(Ceil(Sqrt(#Amount#))+1)
I suggest 0, 1, 2 or 3 depending on how you want it to be expanded
I reply here to the above post, added to the Re: FileChoose [Ver.1.2.0.1] topic, to avoid the off-topic there.
So, what I believe is that this approach is not too fortunate. Editing a numeric value of an existing variable this way, is more or less weird and users don't want usually to do this. I'd be tempted to add a new variable (let's name it Scal, since Scale already exists, but same well it could have any other name, this is up to you, the author), this way:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
Scal=1
Tiles_Len=(Ceil(Sqrt(#Amount#))+#Scal#)
Seems much more convenient to directly edit a variable (Scal in this case), then edit a numeric value into an existing variable.
This only thing you have to be careful about if you want to do this, is to add the new Scal (or whatever) variable BEFORE the one using it (Tiles_Len). If you add the Scal AFTER Tiles_Len, you'll get errors in log.
Jaime Méndez

Post by Jaime Méndez »

Yes! I was actually working on that, thank you any way

Try new skin and tell me what you think. You can change aspect ratio at the click of a "EX" button that you can find in upper right corner folder skin

I couldn't find a way to refresh aspect ratio changes automatically :-(
Last edited by Jaime Méndez on October 24th, 2022, 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jaime Méndez wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 6:01 pm Try new skin and tell me what you think.
Looks alright and most features seem to be working, What I think is not working properly, is the search feature. In fact, it is working, but it only searches in the current folder, doesn't return the files located into subfolders of current folder. To be honest I think such a search feature is hardly doable Rainmeter.
Otherwise, the skin looks good, the other features are seeming to be well working.
Congratulations. :great:
Jaime Méndez

Post by Jaime Méndez »

Thank you. It wasn't easy for me, I'm not really a developer. I learned coding in Pascal years ago :lol:
Jaime Méndez

Post by Jaime Méndez »

balala wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 6:33 pm Looks alright and most features seem to be working, What I think is not working properly, is the search feature. In fact, it is working, but it only searches in the current folder, doesn't return the files located into subfolders of current folder. To be honest I think such a search feature is hardly doable Rainmeter.
Otherwise, the skin looks good, the other features are seeming to be well working.
Congratulations. :great:
I have already fixed a bug in Toggles menu
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jaime Méndez wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 9:17 pm Thank you. It wasn't easy for me, I'm not really a developer. I learned coding in Pascal years ago :lol:
Me too. Pascal was the first contact of mine with computers, many (more than 30!!! - OMG) years ago. From time to time I still use Delphi.
Jaime Méndez wrote: October 24th, 2022, 4:35 am I have already fixed a bug in Toggles menu
Yep, but there still are some smaller issues.
For instance: when the skin is activated, it shows the Jaime folder (more precisely the C:\Users\Jaime\ folder, which is the Path variable into the @Resources\Includes\Variables.inc file. But such a folder doesn't exist on my computer. It probably exists on yours, but this is not the case for all users who are downloading you skin. I'd be tempted to replace the variable with something like Path=#SKINSPATH# (but obviously this is just an example), because with the given variable, the skin practically doesn't really work, since the path doesn't exist.