It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:09 am

Use CPU core 2 with Coretemp.dll plugin

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
JohnCoool

Use CPU core 2 with Coretemp.dll plugin

Post by JohnCoool »

I have both coretemp application and speedfan. But I use coretemp on my system because I found it to be better for my needs.

I found several skins that work well for speedfan and show the details for all cores.

I edited the script for one of the skins for speedfan to work with coretemp and it does. But I am not able to figure out how to have it display the temp for the 2nd CPU core.

I either need a skin that is designed for coretemp or a way to edit the script to display the temp for the 2nd core.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Use CPU core 2 with Coretemp.dll plugin

Post by SilverAzide »

JohnCoool wrote: September 24th, 2022, 11:56 pm I have both coretemp application and speedfan. But I use coretemp on my system because I found it to be better for my needs.

I found several skins that work well for speedfan and show the details for all cores.

I edited the script for one of the skins for speedfan to work with coretemp and it does. But I am not able to figure out how to have it display the temp for the 2nd CPU core.

I either need a skin that is designed for coretemp or a way to edit the script to display the temp for the 2nd core.
It would help if you posted your skin so people could see what you have tried. You might want to read about the CoreTemp plugin in the manual, it's pretty simple. All you need to do is change the CoreTempIndex value to the core you want (the index is zero-based). Like so:

Code: Select all

[MeasureTempCore1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=Temperature
CoreTempIndex=0

[MeasureTempCore2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=Temperature
CoreTempIndex=1

;  etc.
One additional tip: CoreTemp and Speedfan are looking at physical cores. Windows is looking at logical cores. If you have a hyperthreaded CPU, each physical core has two logical cores. Hybrid CPUs have 1 or 2 logical cores per physical core. If your skin is showing per-CPU data (like when using the CPU or UsageMonitor measures to show core usage), these measures look at logical cores. So, if your skin is going to show both logical and physical core info, you'll need to take this into account.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
JohnCoool

Re: Use CPU core 2 with Coretemp.dll plugin

Post by JohnCoool »

The tip worked well!

Thank you for your help.

All Done!