It is currently April 24th, 2024, 11:50 am

Something changed - Rainmeter not working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Babbit

Something changed - Rainmeter not working

Post by Babbit »

I don't know if an update changed where the .ini files should go but Rainmeter has stopped working for me and I get the following error in the logs:

Background: Unable to open: C:\Users\admin\OneDrive\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\illustro\@Resources\Background.png (illustro\Clock\Clock.ini)

The files are located in C:\Users\admin\OneDrive\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\illustro\Clock. I see a @Resources directory but it is empty. Do I have to create a Background.png file in that directory? If so, are there requirements on what the .png file should be?

Thanks for any assistance.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Something changed - Rainmeter not working

Post by balala »

Babbit wrote: September 15th, 2022, 8:06 pm I don't know if an update changed where the .ini files should go but Rainmeter has stopped working for me and I get the following error in the logs:

Background: Unable to open: C:\Users\admin\OneDrive\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\illustro\@Resources\Background.png (illustro\Clock\Clock.ini)

The files are located in C:\Users\admin\OneDrive\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\illustro\Clock. I see a @Resources directory but it is empty. Do I have to create a Background.png file in that directory? If so, are there requirements on what the .png file should be?
From the beginning you should have to know that OneDrive is not a proper place to store the skins: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=197796#p197796
For first, check please the path set up for skins. Right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area and click edit settings. Rainmeter.ini opens in the default text editor. What do you have in the SkinPath option of the [Rainmeter] section?
I'd be tempted to advice to move the skins out of the OneDrive folder. I'd try to replace the SkinPath option to something not located under the OneDrive folder. In any case if you try this, make sure you restart Rainmeter when relace the SkinPath. Best would be to open Rainmeter.ini (as described above), completely close Rainmeter (right click its Notification Area icon and click Exit) and replace the SkinPath option. Then you should restart Rainmeter. Just make sure the Skins folder have been moved in meantime to the new location (the one set in the SkinPath option).
If you can't get the illustro skins working, you should try a reinstall of Rainmeter, without uninstalling the installed version.