It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:30 pm

Problem with Rainmeter 4.5.14 Release

Release announcements and important news from the developers.
epvhgjy0418

Post by epvhgjy0418 »

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but the new version (4.5.14) causes several of my skins to crash the program. This does not happen with 4.5.13. Any help would be appreciated.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

epvhgjy0418 wrote: September 13th, 2022, 5:39 pm I don't know if anyone else has this problem but the new version (4.5.14) causes several of my skins to crash the program. This does not happen with 4.5.13. Any help would be appreciated.
Kinda hard to help with literally no information other than "the new version causes several of my skins to crash the program".

Your best bet is to make a bug report here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewforum.php?f=14

Post the smallest amount of skin code that causes your crash. If external files are needed (like images, .inc/.lua files, etc.), please package them all up in a rmskin file, and post that in your bug report. If this isn't possible, please post a link to where you downloaded the skin.

Don't forget to post the exact steps you are taking to cause the crash. This will include which skin you are running (if more than 1 skin is causing the issue), any interactions with the skin you are doing OR any interactions with the main Rainmeter app (like the Manage/About dialogs or the context menu, etc.). Basically, we need all the information we can get to replicate the crash.

Lastly, please turn on "Debug" mode, and "Logging", then make sure to restart Rainmeter so the all the startup items are logged in the .log file. Once the crash happens, please post the contents of your Rainmeter.log file.
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/user-interface/manage/#SettingsTab

-Brian