License=Creative Commons Attribution - Non - Commercial - Share Alike 3.0

[Variables]

[MeterFacebook]
Meter = Image
ImageName = #skinspath#path\@Resources\Facebook\logo_transparent.png
W=150
H=150
LeftMouseUpAction=["www.facebook.com"]
is there a way to make the image color go random? like I want to make it automatically change its color every 12 seconds with a fade-out effect on it
Last edited by EmmJey on August 6th, 2022, 5:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: setting random color and fade-out effect

Post by balala »

EmmJey wrote: August 5th, 2022, 11:31 am is there a way to make the image color go random? like I want to make it automatically change its color every 12 seconds with a fade-out effect on it
Not sure what you want, because the only Image meter of your code (namely [MeterFacebook]) is set to show an image, not a color. Would you like to change the color values of the existing image (logo_transparent.png) or to add a changing color background to the image? Both can be done, but first I'd like to know your intention.
EmmJey

Post by EmmJey »

balala wrote: August 5th, 2022, 1:47 pm Not sure what you want, because the only Image meter of your code (namely [MeterFacebook]) is set to show an image, not a color. Would you like to change the color values of the existing image (logo_transparent.png) or to add a changing color background to the image? Both can be done, but first I'd like to know your intention.
well, I am just a beginner here and only know the basics. I'll be happy for all your suggestions for betterment and satisfaction.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

EmmJey wrote: August 5th, 2022, 2:06 pm well, I am just a beginner here and only know the basics. I'll be happy for all your suggestions for betterment and satisfaction.
I can't suggest anything, because I don't know what would you like to achieve. As said don't know what you meant by "automatically change its color". Simplest is to change color of the background of the image, but not this is the only possibility. However is this ok?
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

balala wrote: August 5th, 2022, 2:35 pm I can't suggest anything, because I don't know what would you like to achieve. As said don't know what you meant by "automatically change its color". Simplest is to change color of the background of the image, but not this is the only possibility. However is this ok?
Im sorry balala.

It actually seems possible to me.
I am sharing a code.
Here we can control both transparency and color change using ColorMatrix.
But we will need 4 counters (R,G,B,A) that generate different variables.

Balala can help with the rest.
He is much more knowledgeable than me and has helped me in most of what I learned :bow:

Original Image:
facebook.png

Code Effect:
GIF 5.08.2022 20-14-41.gif

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=100

[Variables]

[CalcClrR]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(CalcClrR + 10 ) % 101

[MeterFacebook]
Meter = Image
ImageName =facebook.png
W=128
H=128
X=0
Y=0
ColorMatrix1=0; ([CalcClrR]/100); 0; 0; 1
ColorMatrix2=([CalcClrR]/100); 0; 0; 0; 1
ColorMatrix3=0; 0; 0; 0; ([CalcClrR]/100)
DynamicVariables=1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
EmmJey

Post by EmmJey »

tass_co wrote: August 5th, 2022, 5:16 pm Im sorry balala.

It actually seems possible to me.
I am sharing a code.
Here we can control both transparency and color change using ColorMatrix.
But we will need 4 counters (R,G,B,A) that generate different variables.

Balala can help with the rest.
He is much more knowledgeable than me and has helped me in most of what I learned :bow:

Original Image:
facebook.png

Code Effect:

GIF 5.08.2022 20-14-41.gif

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=100

[Variables]

[CalcClrR]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(CalcClrR + 10 ) % 101

[MeterFacebook]
Meter = Image
ImageName =facebook.png
W=128
H=128
X=0
Y=0
ColorMatrix1=0; ([CalcClrR]/100); 0; 0; 1
ColorMatrix2=([CalcClrR]/100); 0; 0; 0; 1
ColorMatrix3=0; 0; 0; 0; ([CalcClrR]/100)
DynamicVariables=1

yess... this is what I wanted to do... thank you so much!! I'm really very thankful... anyways, I want to understand this color matrix to do it differently, like....

why is colormatrix1 has "0;" and colormatrix2 doesn't and colormatrix3 have 4 "0;"

what if I add again colormatrix4?
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

It's always good to start by reading the documentation: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/meters/general-options/image-options/#ColorMatrix
Additionally there's a guide to ColorMatrix: https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/colormatrix-guide/

I know it's a basically mathematical thing (matrices) but it's worth reading the docu and the guide.
I think balala has a more practical way to explain what, why and how it does what one wants to achieve.
EmmJey

Post by EmmJey »

ikarus1969 wrote: August 6th, 2022, 6:20 am It's always good to start by reading the documentation: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/meters/general-options/image-options/#ColorMatrix
Additionally there's a guide to ColorMatrix: https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/colormatrix-guide/

I know it's a basically mathematical thing (matrices) but it's worth reading the docu and the guide.
I think balala has a more practical way to explain what, why and how it does what one wants to achieve.
yes, I was reading the document, but when I apply the code given above which is the [CalcClrR] the color-changing effect stops working
EmmJey

Post by EmmJey »

ikarus1969 wrote: August 6th, 2022, 6:20 am It's always good to start by reading the documentation: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/meters/general-options/image-options/#ColorMatrix

ohh... I get it... I can't tell how I understood it, but I realized that 5x5 matrix thing... thank you guys for your help
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

EmmJey wrote: August 6th, 2022, 5:09 am yess... this is what I wanted to do...
:o Initially you asked for something else:
EmmJey wrote: August 5th, 2022, 11:31 am is there a way to make the image color go random? like I want to make it automatically change its color every 12 seconds with a fade-out effect on it
In tass_co's code the color of the image doesn't change randomly. It changes continuously, repeating itself and not every 12 seconds.
So please let me know what would you like to achieve. There is possible what you asked for as well, but I work with it only if you are interested. Are you still?