It is currently April 24th, 2024, 5:48 pm

An opinion on the design of a skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Rafamear

An opinion on the design of a skin

Post by Rafamear »

I need your opinion on the design of my skin, basically it's a hub for games and I'm doing the part where you click to play, but I know for sure if it's good or not so I ask for your suggestion to improve or if it's good and that I don't need to change anything.

For more details it's basically: the game image (the yellow background with a "+") A play button for the game and the platform the game is played from (Steam icon next to the play button) so I wanted to know if this way is good or should i change something.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
;===========================================Rafamear=================================================
;========================= :welcome: ========== My DeviantArt ========== :Whistle ==============================
Alex88

Re: An opinion on the design of a skin

Post by Alex88 »

First, as always, design choices are always up to you in the end, don't feel you need to follow some preset design or common trend.
After that, if it's made for more than just yourself, I try to think of how it will look to other users in different situations, if anything is hard to read or weird looking; for example, how do the icons handle different image colors and sizes or resolutions?
I tried a few rough examples below; I'd say it's fine, the Steam launcher logo and probably others as well are unique and easy enough to spot for most all backgrounds, so I don't think you need to do anything with that.
Screenshot_12_2.png
I'd figure for a game launcher, users already expect the icons to launch the game on click, so you could remove the play button icon altogether to free up some visual space if the icon is smaller. Of course if you have icons with other actions (edit game, delete game, etc), then you would keep those icons, or make it show or hide only on hover, however you want.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.