It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:43 pm

Skin Installer offers to launch a skin even if you choose not to install the skin

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Active Colors

Skin Installer offers to launch a skin even if you choose not to install the skin

Post by Active Colors »

This has been going already for a while:
Capture.PNG
Let's say you are interested in installing a plugin from .rmskin package file. But in the package there is also a skin that you are not interested in. You are interested only in installing the plugin.

When you remove the check mark from a skin to be installed, the check box with the "Load included skins" will still have the check mark. And if you leave it checked, Rainmeter will attempt to run this skin even though it has not been installed.

I think that "Load included skins" option should become disabled (and unchecked) when you decide not to install a skin. The same applies to Layouts:
2.PNG
And when you remove the check marks from everything in the list, then the Install button should become disabled.
Brian
Developer

Re: Skin Installer offers to launch a skin even if you choose not to install the skin

Post by Brian »

These issues have been fixed for the next release. Thanks for reporting!

I also wanted to note that the Load included skins / Apply included layout checkbox will now "remember" what the last user clicked state is, just in case the Skins \ Layouts were all unchecked (thus disabling and unchecking this checkbox), but then rechecked.

Hopefully that makes sense.

-Brian
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Skin Installer offers to launch a skin even if you choose not to install the skin

Post by death.crafter »

I would love it if it remembered the "I unchecked the load included layout", which it probably does now. So I love it :D
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

death.crafter wrote: September 1st, 2022, 10:02 am I would love it if it remembered the "I unchecked the load included layout", which it probably does now. So I love it :D
I should explain a bit on this. The "remembering" happens per SkinInstaller instance, not forever.

Consider these 2 examples (both assume the rmskin wants to load a skin after installation):
Example 1:
  • User opens rmskin
  • User decides to just install a plugin from the rmskin.
  • User unchecks all the skins in the skin "group" - The installer will manually uncheck the "Load included skins" checkbox and disable it.
  • User then decides to install the skin after all by checking the skin checkbox (in the skin "group") - The installer will re-enable the "Load included skins" checkbox, and re-check it (because the last user state was checked).
Example 2:
  • User opens rmskin
  • User doesn't want skin to load after installation, and unchecks "Load included skins".
  • User then decides to only install a plugin, and unchecks all the skins in the "group". The installer will disable the "Load included skins" checkbox. This checkbox is already unchecked from the step above.
  • User then decides to install the skin after all by checking the skin checkbox (in the skin "group") - The installer will remember that the "Load included skins" checkbox was previously unchecked manually, and will NOT re-check it.
Hopefully that clears things up.

-Brian
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Brian wrote: September 1st, 2022, 2:55 pm I should explain a bit on this. The "remembering" happens per SkinInstaller instance, not forever.

-Brian
That's... a let down :( . But okay, a welcome change.