It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:04 am

Expanding from 6 cores to 8 cores

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
anbr07

Expanding from 6 cores to 8 cores

Post by anbr07 »

Hi!

I would like to change the CPU meter (SilverAzide/Gadgets) from 6 cores/12 threads to 8 cores/16 threads, but i can't even find the right settings page, where the cores are mentioned. I have practically zero knowledge about how Rainmeter works.

So any help is appreciated.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Expanding from 6 cores to 8 cores

Post by SilverAzide »

anbr07 wrote: July 14th, 2022, 1:27 pm Hi!

I would like to change the CPU meter (SilverAzide/Gadgets) from 6 cores/12 threads to 8 cores/16 threads, but i can't even find the right settings page, where the cores are mentioned. I have practically zero knowledge about how Rainmeter works.

So any help is appreciated.
You should post this in the main Gadgets thread, here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=20699.

But to answer your question... why? The All CPU Meter automatically handles everything from 1 core CPUs to monster-sized dual Threadrippers. Is it not adjusting for you?
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

Hi SilverAzide. If you say it automatically adjusts to the number of cores, that's great!
I just have ordered the new machine, so i couldn't see, that it's happening automatically. I was just asking prior
to having my computer delivered, to have my configs ready, when it arrives. So, i only have to either reinstall Rainmeter,
or, if restoring/migrating my computer setup to the new machine should work, i will have to change nothing, because your great software handles it by itself. Looking forward to try it out.

Thanks for your quick reply!

(And sorry for posting it in the wrong place, mods feel free to move it over to the right forum)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

anbr07 wrote: July 14th, 2022, 1:46 pm Hi SilverAzide. If you say it automatically adjusts to the number of cores, that's great!
I just have ordered the new machine, so i couldn't see, that it's happening automatically. I was just asking prior
to having my computer delivered, to have my configs ready, when it arrives. So, i only have to either reinstall Rainmeter,
or, if restoring/migrating my computer setup to the new machine should work, i will have to change nothing, because your great software handles it by itself. Looking forward to try it out.

Thanks for your quick reply!

(And sorry for posting it in the wrong place, mods feel free to move it over to the right forum)
Sure! When you get your new machine, just install the Gadgets again and they will auto-configure as needed. You could also copy over your installation if you want to preserve all your settings (colors, options, etc.), and when the CPU Meter detects a mismatch in the core count, it will adjust itself automatically.