It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:16 am

[Feature] Extra Feature for Webparser

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
tass_co

Re: [Feature] Extra Feature for Webparser

Post by tass_co »

Yincognito wrote: July 28th, 2022, 9:24 am Ah, ok, I understand now. You access and save a different page than the RSS one in the browser, because the former is more complete than the latter (but only when accessed from the browser). Yeah, it happens on some sites, all kinds of scripts to provide the access only after a certain routine is followed. That's why the downloaded page contains what you need while the opposite does not.

I'm not sure whether magnet links only is a problem, but if you're talking about being unable to get the RSS "by topic" aka by category, you just didn't look enough, because it's possible. For example, categories 2, 23, 24, 25 and 26 are apparently (see the link address) for "Top Music", and similarly, other categories are for other stuff. You only have to check how the links look in the main page for a category, and replace category or category[] with categories when adding to your https://rarbg.to/rssdd.php? URL path (example: https://...rarbg.org/torrents.php?category=2;23;24;25;26 becomes https://rarbg.to/rssdd.php?categories=2;23;24;25;26 in your RSS link).
I knew this. The problem was that RSS was not working properly.
Even if it works, it won't do much for me.

Coming to the main topic: What I wanted here was to be able to save the page without getting stuck with the security check.
Yincognito wrote: July 28th, 2022, 9:24 am Unfortunately, more filtering, sorting or getting a certain "page" of the results is something that is either not possible or not known yet, apart from basic categorizing. But who knows, if you look or experiment query variations enough maybe you'll find out - heck, I even found out a PowerShell script that got such info, and other users wanting to get the same thing you do for use via a Rainmeter skin. :D
If the powershell script you found can be break the security check, I would like you to share it :D

PS:The subject has come to such a point that it has nothing to do with the episode anymore. Sorry for that
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

tass_co wrote: July 28th, 2022, 10:10 amComing to the main topic: What I wanted here was to be able to save the page without getting stuck with the security check.

If the powershell script you found can be break the security check, I would like you to share it :D

PS:The subject has come to such a point that it has nothing to do with the episode anymore. Sorry for that
I don't think it does, it seems more or less what you (or any other client) already do, but anyway, here is the link to it. Understanding the details is up to you, of course.

Regarding the security check, I don't think WebParser is suited for that, because from an abstract (and maybe even technical, to a degree) point of view, it's still a loose form of script based "authentication". The purpose of that check is precisely to prevent exaggerate usage of such access techniques, among other purposes. And since scripts are behind it, the contents is not available until the technical "OK" is given by the algorithm in the scripts.

I'm not sure what would be needed to add such features to WebParser, but if it hasn't been done already for such a heavily used measure nowadays, there must be a reason. :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

Yincognito wrote: July 28th, 2022, 10:36 am I don't think it does, it seems more or less what you (or any other client) already do, but anyway, here is the link to it. Understanding the details is up to you, of course.

Regarding the security check, I don't think WebParser is suited for that, because from an abstract (and maybe even technical, to a degree) point of view, it's still a loose form of script based "authentication". The purpose of that check is precisely to prevent exaggerate usage of such access techniques, among other purposes. And since scripts are behind it, the contents is not available until the technical "OK" is given by the algorithm in the scripts.

I'm not sure what would be needed to add such features to WebParser, but if it hasn't been done already for such a heavily used measure nowadays, there must be a reason. :confused:
Then I have to continue with the obligatory old way.
Thank you for your time :thumbup:
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

tass_co wrote: July 28th, 2022, 11:01 am Then I have to continue with the obligatory old way.
Thank you for your time :thumbup:
No problem. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth