It is currently May 4th, 2024, 2:08 am

Custom weather plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
ZXCVBOT

Re: Custom weather plugin

Post by ZXCVBOT »

cperryoh wrote: October 30th, 2023, 4:28 pm Firstly, you need to have your units as Metric not metric.

I think you misunderstood. I used this thing before your plugin was known to me.
cperryoh wrote: October 30th, 2023, 4:28 pm Other than that, if you go grab the latest build and plugin your info, it seems like you should be good to go. In terms of the JSON parser plugin, I have considered using it instead of having a whole plugin, I decided against it for two reasons. Firstly, from what I've seen, it's a bit messy to implement. Secondly, writing a standalone plugin allows for a bit more customization and dexterity than the JSON parser does.
Yep! Standalone plugin will provide a better customization.
I earlier meant that 'maybe' that plugin might minimise the number of calls by (?) collecting the data (don't know what I am saying - just go with the flow: I don't use the plugin) and displaying some of the required data in the skin.

I'm still looking at the workings, and it looks awesome! (Trying to implement the icons - not a problem of this plugin).

Also, thanks for the plugin update! :great:
cperryoh

Post by cperryoh »

ZXCVBOT wrote: October 30th, 2023, 5:02 pm I think you misunderstood. I used this thing before your plugin was known to me.

Yep! Standalone plugin will provide a better customization.
I earlier meant that 'maybe' that plugin might minimise the number of calls by (?) collecting the data (don't know what I am saying - just go with the flow: I don't use the plugin) and displaying some of the required data in the skin.

I'm still looking at the workings, and it looks awesome! (Trying to implement the icons - not a problem of this plugin).

Also, thanks for the plugin update! :great:
If you mean the icons for my plugin, I can help with that. For the icons, you can do two things. Either load it from the web or download them from OpenWeatherMap and store them locally. I forget if the URL way works, but I'll drop a link here to a folder with the images. This way is also better because you are not reliant on the internet to pull icons. In the skin i use these by doing this,

Code: Select all

[weatherPlugin]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=#PLUGINSPATH#\WeatherPlugin.dll
key=<api-key>
longitude=<lat>
latitude=<lon>
units=c
decimals=0
[MeterCurrentIcon]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#WeatherIcons\[weatherPlugin:getValue(icon)]2x.png
PreserveAspectRatio=1
X=170
Y=0
W=120
Group=Current
DynamicVariables=1
The plugin serves some kind of weather condition id that correlates to a specific image representation.

Edit: I got the icons from here.
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

Hehe no... I did not mean that. I am having perfect time with your plugin! I had checked that link out. Was saving and using the icons https://openweathermap.org/weather-conditions at that time (Upscaling is the thing that is taking bit of time - I am bit-busy at this moment).

Also, Happy Halloween! 🎃 (Wow - this Jack-O-Lantern is looking scary in the comment!)