It is currently April 20th, 2024, 1:50 am

Trying to make Max CPU Temp formula work for HWINFO after update 7

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
tass_co

Re: Trying to make Max CPU Temp formula work for HWINFO after update 7

Post by tass_co »

Udyr wrote: May 8th, 2022, 4:18 am Thank you for helping me this fast. Now max cpu temp show a value but that valuse it not geting updated.
It's working fine for me.
Correct me if I'm wrong please because my english is not good.
maxcputemp; it is the highest temperature data ever reached.
GIF 8.05.2022 08-40-28.gif
Udyr wrote: May 8th, 2022, 4:18 am And the circle showing temp and max temp got broken because I think they need a whole number but this formula returns value with "°C". And they get confused if the value is for example "54 °C" and not just "54" I got around that before by making the value whole using this
If problem only string value, you can use Substitute to remove the "°C" string. https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/general-options/substitute/

Code: Select all

RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute=" °C":""
Since our hardware is not the same, I will try to open the meters suitable for your code from HWINFO and look.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Udyr wrote: May 8th, 2022, 4:34 am Yes at first I tried ValueRaw# but it did not work. Then I looked at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\HWiNFO64\VSB
and see that none of my values listed as ValueRaw. They are listed as this:
And because of that I am working with strings not raw values. Thats another problem of mine.
Something is wrong... Each sensor has five keys: Sensor[n], Label[n], Color[n], Value[n] (a formatted string), and ValueRaw[n] (unformatted). I don't know what to tell you if you don't see all 5 values. Perhaps you need to ask on the HWiNFO forum to see why values are missing.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

Udyr wrote: May 8th, 2022, 4:18 am Thank you for helping me this fast. Now max cpu temp show a value but that valuse it not geting updated. And the circle showing temp and max temp got broken because I think they need a whole number but this formula returns value with "°C". And they get confused if the value is for example "54 °C" and not just "54" I got around that before by making the value whole using this
GIF 8.05.2022 17-42-27.gif

EDIT:

I just saw the error in your code.

RegValue=Value#.....# It is incorrect!

Change it to RegValue=ValueRaw#.....#

[measureCPUTemp]
Measure=Registry
RegHKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER
RegKey=SOFTWARE\HWiNFO64\VSB
RegValue=ValueRaw#CPUTempIndex#
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
BananaJoe

Post by BananaJoe »

So, do you guys use Rainmeter showing temperature (or whatever) values in admin account of Windows?

Neither I can display any value from a standard user account, nor are the appropriate keys renerated in reg-editor. I can run HWiNFO from standard user account (providing the admin login data) and HWiNFO Shared Memory Viewer also does its work, but Rainmeter would never read from that defined path/file/place, as it doesn't exist in standard user...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\HWiNFO64\VSB only exists as admin and the whole documentation https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/hwinfo/ doesn't tell, if that is a necessary thing or not.. (therefore also the ShowReg skin, included in HWiNFO_New.rmskin just displays an empty list)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

BananaJoe wrote: May 10th, 2022, 11:07 am So, do you guys use Rainmeter showing temperature (or whatever) values in admin account of Windows?

Neither I can display any value from a standard user account, nor are the appropriate keys renerated in reg-editor. I can run HWiNFO from standard user account (providing the admin login data) and HWiNFO Shared Memory Viewer also does its work, but Rainmeter would never read from that defined path/file/place, as it doesn't exist in standard user...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\HWiNFO64\VSB only exists as admin and the whole documentation https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/hwinfo/ doesn't tell, if that is a necessary thing or not.. (therefore also the ShowReg skin, included in HWiNFO_New.rmskin just displays an empty list)
This is a known issue with HWiNFO 7.x and the way it stores data to the registry. After a discussion with the HWiNFO author, it was decided to leave things the way they are, since you always need to run HWiNFO as an elevated process anyway. Anyone who can run HWiNFO elevated can simply run Rainmeter elevated too. I wish it wasn't this way too, but it is the HWiNFO author's call.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Udyr

Post by Udyr »

tass_co wrote: May 8th, 2022, 2:47 pm GIF 8.05.2022 17-42-27.gif

EDIT:

I just saw the error in your code.

RegValue=Value#.....# It is incorrect!

Change it to RegValue=ValueRaw#.....#

[measureCPUTemp]
Measure=Registry
RegHKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER
RegKey=SOFTWARE\HWiNFO64\VSB
RegValue=ValueRaw#CPUTempIndex#
I think thats my main problem. I can't make hwinfo report data raw and every other code has issue calculating things from string and not raw. Gonna try and make hwinfo work correctly and report back here if I can make things right. Thanks for everything and all the help.