It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:04 pm

Toggle a image with HotKey Plugin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
bluecrosser

Toggle a image with HotKey Plugin

Post by bluecrosser »

Hello, I've downloaded the HotKey Plugin and was having trouble getting an image to simply turn on and off with the + key. The manual has lots of info on changing colors and such but is there a way to just have my image toggle on and off when I press the + key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Toggle a image with HotKey Plugin

Post by balala »

bluecrosser wrote: April 27th, 2022, 7:18 am Hello, I've downloaded the HotKey Plugin and was having trouble getting an image to simply turn on and off with the + key. The manual has lots of info on changing colors and such but is there a way to just have my image toggle on and off when I press the + key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Here is an example:

Code: Select all

[MeasureToggle]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HotKey
HotKey=ADD
KeyDownAction=[!ToggleMeter "MeterImage"][!Redraw]

[MeterImage]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=255,240,0
X=0
Y=0
W=80
H=40
In this code I used an Image meter showing a simple yellow rectangle. Obviously you have to replace the SolidColor option with the image you want to show, but in this case most probably the W and H options should be removed or at least modified (it's extremely less probable I used the proper values).
Note the followings:
  • You have to have installed the HotKey plugin (which you said is).
  • If the skin is loaded, the image will be shown / hidden whenever are you hitting the + key. No matter if you switched to a program, opened a window or whatever, when you hit the key, the image is toggled.
Is this what you want?
bluecrosser

Post by bluecrosser »

Yea that works perfect. Thanks.

My son loves it, Ill post what he was working on later, thanks again.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

bluecrosser wrote: April 27th, 2022, 7:01 pm My son loves it, Ill post what he was working on later, thanks again.
I'm glad. Post it if it's ready. What's the age of your son?