It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 12:22 pm

Tooltips on Shapes

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Tooltips on Shapes

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: April 19th, 2022, 8:07 pm I've found that ToolTips seem to only work on the bottom-right quarter of an Ellipse shape meter.
Only if the CenterX and CenterY parameters of the ellipse (the first two parameters) are 0. If they are above the RadiusX and RadiusY, the tooltip works on the whole meter (ellipse). This probably is caused by the fact that if the parameters are 0, only the bottom right quarter of the ellipse has both the X and Y parameters positive, on the other quarters one or both of these parameters are negative.
For instance the Tooltip is shown on the whole surface of the ellipse in this case:

Code: Select all

[MeterEllipse]
Meter=Shape
X=20
Y=20
Shape=Ellipse 20,20,20 | Extend MyModifiers1
MyModifiers1=Fill Color 255,237,0 | StrokeWidth 0 | Stroke Color 0,0,0,0
TooltipText=My Tooltip
But on the following ellipse, as you said, the Tooltip is shown only on the bottom right section of the ellipse:

Code: Select all

[MeterEllipse]
Meter=Shape
X=20
Y=20
Shape=Ellipse 0,0,20 | Extend MyModifiers1
MyModifiers1=Fill Color 255,237,0 | StrokeWidth 0 | Stroke Color 0,0,0,0
TooltipText=My Tooltip
(See the difference between the first two parameters of the Ellipse in the Shape option)
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Ah I see, thanks balala for the explanation.

Although this would work, it makes using Ellipse shapes more awkward for my use at least. I've switched from using Rectangle shapes to Ellipse due to relative positioning of following meters is made sooo much easier as you can just use X=r, Y=r as opposed to trying to figure out where the centre of the shape is each time.

Still it may come in useful to know, so thanks again. :thumbup:
- MuLab -
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: April 20th, 2022, 8:28 am I've switched from using Rectangle shapes to Ellipse
Yep, a rectangle shape can simulate an ellipse and you can get them even in the same position, however this doesn't fix the issue.
For instance the Shape=Ellipse 0,0,20 | Extend MyModifiers1 option (from the second code I've posted above) can be easily replaced by Shape=Rectangle -20,-20,40,40,20 | Extend MyModifiers1, however this has the same issue: the tooltip is shown only if you're hovering the mouse over the bottom right quarter of the shape. So since the issue is still present and the code of Ellipse shape is easier than the code of the Rectangle, I think Ellipse is preferable (but this is just my opinion).
sl23

Post by sl23 »

I agree, it's much easier positioning meters with relation to Ellipse shapes!
- MuLab -