It is currently May 5th, 2024, 8:17 pm

help with animation - i'm new here

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: help with animation - i'm new here

Post by Yincognito »

LuciferVisuals wrote: May 1st, 2023, 9:35 pmI think I can get away with saying I'm new to this for another month....
...but old enough to know that checking the manual for syntax and using simple examples lets you focus better on the way to solve a more complex problem. The former should be by now your job, while the latter is the area where help could be provided. :sly:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: May 1st, 2023, 10:16 pm ...but old enough to know that checking the manual for syntax and using simple examples lets you focus better on the way to solve a more complex problem. The former should be by now your job, while the latter is the area where help could be provided. :sly:
Yes mum ;-)

Apparently doing what I want and making one skin fixed in relation to another is not straightforward, As one skin cannot possibly know where another skin is :? But his looks like a work around..........

So as previously requested................... a link ....................... :bow:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=21057

I'll try and get to grips with it today, I quite like the idea of doing the impossible.....

Keith

PS I really do try and sort these things out myself first, but I get stuck on the simplest most stupid things at times. Sometimes literally because I don't know something actually exists, I don't even think to look to see how to do it. Sometimes I know something must be possible, I try everything literally everything I can think of and it just wont do what I want it to do. I'm very aware that I would be nowhere near where I am without your help, so thanks again. :rosegift:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

LuciferVisuals wrote: May 2nd, 2023, 7:32 amApparently doing what I want and making one skin fixed in relation to another is not straightforward, As one skin cannot possibly know where another skin is :? But his looks like a work around.........
It's VERY straightforward, if the reference skin is the current one, like I already mentioned in the EDIT here. For more complex cases like the custom tooltip approach I use in all my skins, it's a bit more work, but it's the same principle. You'd need to do the movement quite often (via either a fast skin update or an ActionTimer) like every couple of milliseconds to make it fluent though...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: May 2nd, 2023, 10:10 am It's VERY straightforward, if the reference skin is the current one, like I already mentioned in the EDIT here. For more complex cases like the custom tooltip approach I use in all my skins, it's a bit more work, but it's the same principle. You'd need to do the movement quite often (via either a fast skin update or an ActionTimer) like every couple of milliseconds to make it fluent though...
Cool beans, I'll look at that later (now in fact), I been working on the second skin, and finally managed to fix some "Bugs" in it... That's almost perfect now. I actually set out to work on this relative position issue, but then kept having flashes of inspiration about previous glitches and minor bugs, in the second skin that were not perfect yet, so immediately got sidetracked into fixing them while the solutions were fresh in my mind..... Which bounces around like a ping pong ball at times. LOL

Keith