It is currently May 9th, 2024, 12:34 am

help with animation - i'm new here

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
LuciferVisuals

Re: help with animation - i'm new here

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: April 19th, 2023, 6:43 pm Update=500 is extremely much for any animation. Means two updates per second (or even less).
Sorry I just pulled a number out of the air as an example (I did not bother working out the frame rate), I just meant I can try any number I like, It doesn't have to be 100 or 1000,

Keith

Thanks for being thorough.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: April 19th, 2023, 6:43 pm Update=500 is extremely much for any animation. Means two updates per second (or even less).
Got that, attached is a simple file. Have not attached the images, they are amazing if I say so myself, but exceed the 10 Mb limit, I could send a couple of zip files if you want to see them.

Basically, imagine a stargate, whth the whoosh effect followed by a stable wormhole. The code all works but what I am struggling with is

1) How to make an animation play only once rather than loop,

2) How to Force the whoosh to play before the stable event horizon.

Now while I am reluctant to mention this, I'm Dyslexic, I am word blind, so I cannot read or write, in the same way most people do, however I have been blessed with other "gifts" that compensate for this. I have obviously worked out various coping mechanism's to deal with this, or would not be able to write this, let alone any code. Hence I mainly learn by trial and error, not by reading.

That being the case the "ideal answer" would be to show me an example using my codeas to how I can achieve this.
Once pointed in the right direction, I will experiment and play with it till the cows come home to get exactly the effect I want.

So I need to be able to make Whoosh Play first...... (or at the same time is also ok, because you cannot see pool under whoosh, but atm sometimes pool plays first).

Second I need to stop Whoosh Looping.

Keith

Let me know if you want the images, they are original and IMHO, really good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 24th, 2023, 11:26 am 1) How to make an animation play only once rather than loop,
It probably might be done even using the Counter formula, but this is a little bit harder. Instead I'd do this in a different mode.
For instance related to the [meterBackgroundFrame] meter and its related [measurebackgroundFrameCalc] measure, here are two different solutions:
  • Replace the [measurebackgroundFrameCalc] measure with the following one:

Code: Select all

[measurebackgroundFrameCalc]
    Measure=Calc
    Formula=(( measurebackgroundFrameCalc + 1 ) % 100 )
    IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#=99)
    IfTrueAction=[!DisableMeasure "#CURRENTSECTION#"]
    The IfCondition and its IfTrueAction option are disabling the measure when it reaches its largest possible value (in this case 99).
  • Another way to do the same, is to use a Loop measure. For instance:

Code: Select all

[measurebackgroundFrameCalc]
    Measure=Loop
    StartValue=0
    EndValue=99
    Increment=1
    LoopCount=1
    The option which sets how many time the loop is executed is LoopCount. If this is set to 1 (as above), the increment of the measure is executed only once. At the end it is not disabled, however it doesn't count anymore.
There is a big difference between the above two measures: the first one is disabled at the end of the increment, its final value is 0. Since the second measure is not disabled (as explained above), its final value is kept to 99.
LuciferVisuals wrote: April 24th, 2023, 11:26 am 2) How to Force the whoosh to play before the stable event horizon.
To be honest have no idea what does this mean. What it does?
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: April 24th, 2023, 2:22 pm
To be honest have no idea what does this mean. What it does?
It would take too long to explain, But if you want to see what I am trying to achieve, I will make a small version of my project by copying it, and removing everything not related to the problem amd then zip it and send it to you...... I am more than happy to do this, do you want me to do this, It's no problem, if you want it ?

Keith
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: April 24th, 2023, 2:22 pm
I forgot to say thanks and I will try them later.

Keith
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 24th, 2023, 4:52 pm I will make a small version of my project by copying it, and removing everything not related to the problem amd then zip it and send it to you...... I am more than happy to do this, do you want me to do this, It's no problem, if you want it ?
Do it please, obviously.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: April 24th, 2023, 5:54 pm Do it please, obviously.
Wow, sorry it took a while, this is a fraction of my project, FROM A COPY, I had to delete so much to get down to 10 MB, this is literally only the bit you need. (Got it down to 9.9 MB)

Keith
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: April 24th, 2023, 5:54 pm Do it please, obviously.
Oh sorry about the big clumsy buttons at the top, they are temporary, so I could play with it. One is supposed to opens the worm-hole, the other supposed to close it.

You will see the problem clearly, and what I meant about superimposing one over the other. All will become clear, This isn't finished and isn't quite working as it should,

Keith

Have not had chance to try your other suggestions yet.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 24th, 2023, 7:44 pm Wow, sorry it took a while, this is a fraction of my project, FROM A COPY, I had to delete so much to get down to 10 MB, this is literally only the bit you need. (Got it down to 9.9 MB)
Sorry, but looking to the skin of your package I still can't realize what does this mean:
LuciferVisuals wrote: April 24th, 2023, 11:26 am 2) How to Force the whoosh to play before the stable event horizon.
LuciferVisuals wrote: April 24th, 2023, 7:49 pm Oh sorry about the big clumsy buttons at the top, they are temporary, so I could play with it. One is supposed to opens the worm-hole, the other supposed to close it.

You will see the problem clearly, and what I meant about superimposing one over the other. All will become clear, This isn't finished and isn't quite working as it should,
No, I don't see it. What the "stable event horizon" does mean?
LuciferVisuals wrote: April 24th, 2023, 7:49 pm Have not had chance to try your other suggestions yet.
Doesn't matter, try it when you get time.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: April 24th, 2023, 8:04 pm Sorry, but looking to the skin of your package I still can't realize what does this mean:
I have two different animations, When the worm hole is activated, I want the Whoosh to start at the same time (or a split second before the pool, I want the Whoosh to run a Just once, but the pool to continue on a loop.

I have only recently put both of these in the same file, they both worked perfectly on their own.

I have suddenly introduced a lot of errors that were not there when testing the animations separately.
My whoosh counter is supposed to only look for 45 images, for some reason it's looking for 100.
(It looks as though its using the pool counter???) from the pool animation. I have literally just seen this

Keith