It is currently April 25th, 2024, 11:17 am

Player Button Animation

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
tass_co

Re: Player Button Animation

Post by tass_co »

balala wrote: April 13th, 2022, 7:06 pm Seems extremely complicated for me to follow all those measures you have there. Therefor I rewrote the code and simplified a little bit, but I removed a few features of the skin. Later these can be added back. But first please check the code below. Just replace the code of your skin (make sure you have a backup before) with the below one and check.
Note a few changes:
  • Most important: I replaced the Update=25 with the default Update=1000.
  • Even if a while ago NowPlaying has been a plugin, in meantime it became an internal measure and should be treated accordingly. I did this.
  • I added two ActionTimer plugin measures ([MeasureAnimation] and [MeasurePlayPauseAnimation]). Since the value of Update has been increased, we need these measures in order to have proper animations.
  • Added a few new variables (Wait, Open, Play, UOpen and UPlay).
  • I rewrote the NowPlaying measures:
    • Added a new such measure ([MeasurePlayer]), used as the parent measure.
    • Rewrote the PlayerName options of the child measures ([Media] and [PlayerStatus]) in order to get them using the parent - child measure structure. In your code all NowPlaying measures have been set as parent measures, but a much better approach is to use these measures on a parent - child structure. In such a structure one measure has to be the parent measure (the one which has the PlayerName=#Player# option, in this case [MeasurePlayer]) while the others have to be the child measures (the ones using the PlayerName=[MeasurePlayer] option, in this case [Media] and [PlayerStatus]).
  • Didn't work so far with the repeat and shuffle features.
  • Left for now most not-used options, commenting them out.
Please check the code and let me know if it does work for you. Note that so far the buttons (play and pause) don't change / recolor when you're hovering the mouse over them, this still has to be done.
You've done too much. I'm embarrassed :oops:
Thank you for what you do :thumbup:
I'll review the code and post the result
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Player Button Animation

Post by balala »

tass_co wrote: April 13th, 2022, 9:52 pm You've done too much. I'm embarrassed :oops:
Don't be, don't have to be.
tass_co wrote: April 13th, 2022, 9:52 pm I'll review the code and post the result
Alright, waiting...