It is currently April 18th, 2024, 10:18 pm

MonsterCat Visualizer Issue

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
SoonerJack

MonsterCat Visualizer Issue

Post by SoonerJack »

I have been using the MonsterCat Visualizer on my desktop and occasionally I see a pop-up telling me I need to update. But it is telling me update to a lower version than what I have. I've gone to the update page and have the most current version running. I also had Rainmeter crash and the log shows the following, "MonsterCat Warning: !DeactivateConfig: "monstercat-visualizer\settings\misc\update" not active". Is there something I need to do? I'm new to this stuff. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: MonsterCat Visualizer Issue

Post by Yincognito »

SoonerJack wrote: March 28th, 2022, 3:29 pm I have been using the MonsterCat Visualizer on my desktop and occasionally I see a pop-up telling me I need to update. But it is telling me update to a lower version than what I have. I've gone to the update page and have the most current version running. I also had Rainmeter crash and the log shows the following, "MonsterCat Warning: !DeactivateConfig: "monstercat-visualizer\settings\misc\update" not active". Is there something I need to do? I'm new to this stuff. Any help appreciated. Thanks
You can safely disregard the warning, it's almost certainly an automated way to deactivate any potential already active update skin, in order to not mess up the operations taking place. If you want to get rid of the warning anyway, just right click on every active MonsterCat skin you have (bar the Settings one), choose Edit Skin in the context menu, and add a ; at the start of the last line, like this (the number after @include can be different from skin to skin):

Code: Select all

; Include update checker
;@include4=#@#include\MeasureUpdateChecker.inc
As for disabling the update popup entirely, right click on any active MonsterCat skin, choose Open Variables File in the context menu, and replace the below line in the code to this, to disable the "update nag":

Code: Select all

DisableUpdateNag=1
Save and close that file, then right click on any Rainmeter skin to active the context menu, and choose Rainmeter -> Refresh All to apply the changes.

Lastly, it's possible that the first thing relates to the second thing above or viceversa, but it shouldn't cause any problem if you do them both. I personally disable any automatic update for anything on my computer, I like to update on my own choosing (which doesn't mean I don't update things at all) or even better, install things cleanly, but that's just me, others do things differently (and suffer the consequences). :D
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
SoonerJack

Post by SoonerJack »

Roger that! Thanks for quick response
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

SoonerJack wrote: March 28th, 2022, 5:31 pm Roger that! Thanks for quick response
No problem - enjoy! 8-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth