It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:40 pm

Weather with Mond Skin isn't working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jonnypickel

Re: Weather with Mond Skin isn't working

Post by jonnypickel »

balala wrote: June 25th, 2022, 11:53 am The skin which can be downloaded from the link posted by Yincognito above does work. Try out that one please. Does it work?
I know this worked for others but it did not work for me. Do we know what's wrong with the old Mond weather skin? I have a sneaking suspicion it's the RegEx...
xenium

Post by xenium »

jonnypickel wrote: September 15th, 2022, 9:05 pm I know this worked for others but it did not work for me. Do we know what's wrong with the old Mond weather skin? I have a sneaking suspicion it's the RegEx...
Right click on the skin and choose Edit skin.
Go to [MeasureWeather] and replace in RegExp, numbers 26 and 37 with .*
Then save and refresh the skin
jonnypickel

Post by jonnypickel »

xenium wrote: September 15th, 2022, 9:21 pm Right click on the skin and choose Edit skin.
Go to [MeasureWeather] and replace in RegExp, numbers 26 and 37 with .*
Just for clarity, is that a period and and then an asterisk with no space in between?

Edit: It worked! Thank you so much!
patheticpretender

Post by patheticpretender »

Could anyone help me? I have just downloaded clear Mond skin (and the Weather skin isn't working obviously),
Screenshot 2022-09-21 110020.png
and this fix doesn't work for me because in my script these number are already changed to ".*".
Screenshot 2022-09-21 110130.png
What should I do?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xenium

Post by xenium »

patheticpretender wrote: September 21st, 2022, 8:15 am Could anyone help me? I have just downloaded clear Mond skin (and the Weather skin isn't working obviously),

and this fix doesn't work for me because in my script these number are already changed to ".*".

Screenshot 2022-09-21 110130.png

What should I do?
You are using an old version of the Mond skin that used wxdata as the weather source which is deprecated as of 01/15/2020.
Download the skin from here :
https://www.deviantart.com/apexxx-sensei/art/Mond-762455575
and make the changes mentioned in the previous post.
patheticpretender

Post by patheticpretender »

xenium wrote: September 21st, 2022, 11:09 am You are using an old version of the Mond skin that used wxdata as the weather source which is deprecated as of 01/15/2020.
Download the skin from here :
https://www.deviantart.com/apexxx-sensei/art/Mond-762455575
and make the changes mentioned in the previous post.
It worked! Thank you!
Zahyn

Post by Zahyn »

I'm following this tutorial on youtube, and he uses the Mond font or setting as well. However, when it comes to the weather it does not work. I tried going onto notepad and checking if I could mess with anything there like youtube tutorials would suggest, but I don't have that on my notepad. All i literally see is a; "c" standing for celsius as the weather. Could someone please help?
Zahyn

Post by Zahyn »

I've spent hours on this dumb thing, And it won't work. I've installed Mond to use on Rainmeter, and it's literally always the weather that does not work. I've gone onto notepad and continuously put in my link from Yahoo. I've removed the "27" and "26" and replaced them with a; " .* " I've tried over and over again, even with the API. Still no joy. I've uninstalled and restarted my computer twice now. Can someone please help me fix this thing? Literally, everything else is working except the weather. Even Apex Sensei's one isn't working for me. The mond I'm trying to use is the one from this youtube video, because I'm trying to do his setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH2lq4bSHBc&t=1s&ab_channel=TechRifle

I really like that guy's font. Can someone please help me, I'm losing hair over here.
xenium

Post by xenium »

Zahyn wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 1:00 pm I've spent hours on this dumb thing, And it won't work. I've installed Mond to use on Rainmeter, and it's literally always the weather that does not work. I've gone onto notepad and continuously put in my link from Yahoo. I've removed the "27" and "26" and replaced them with a; " .* " I've tried over and over again, even with the API. Still no joy. I've uninstalled and restarted my computer twice now. Can someone please help me fix this thing? Literally, everything else is working except the weather. Even Apex Sensei's one isn't working for me. The mond I'm trying to use is the one from this youtube video, because I'm trying to do his setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH2lq4bSHBc&t=1s&ab_channel=TechRifle

I really like that guy's font. Can someone please help me, I'm losing hair over here.
Replace the [MeasureWeather] measure in your file with this:

Code: Select all

[MeasureWeather]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=https://www.yahoo.com/news/weather
RegExp=(?siU)<h1 class="city.*data-reactid="7">(.*)</h1>.*<div class="My\(2px\).*60x60\/(.*)@2x.png.*data-reactid=".*">(.*)<.*<span class="Va\(t\)" data-reactid=".*">(.*)</span> 
UpdateRate=900
ilhamgod

Post by ilhamgod »

i also have the same problem that it doesnt show the location and only the degrees symbol, when i want to change the location in the skin settings it doesnt have the option for me to change location.

edit: fixed with the method said above this post