It is currently April 20th, 2024, 1:31 pm

Snowblind rainmeter skin issue

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
paulboy4444

Snowblind rainmeter skin issue

Post by paulboy4444 »

I don't know if anyone has experienced this before, but here is the description of the issue I'm having. The GPU display name on the GPU meter is showing a RTX 2080 when I have a 2080 Ti installed. It's a minor inconvenience and it's been bothering me for quite some time. I don't know how it happened since it displayed a 2080 Ti when I first installed the skin. It's using the MSI Afterburner plugin for the measures and everything else is fine. VRAM is correct, etc. It shows a 2080 Ti in afterburner as well just not displayed on the rainmeter skin. It's very strange and I tried changing the ini to maybe manually display the name but no dice. I don't know if there is a quick fix for this or maybe I should just uninstall the snowblind and go with a different stat tracking skin entirely. Here's what I think is the relevant ini information that maybe there is something i can tweak but happy to provide further details.

Code: Select all

[MeasureGPUName]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MSIAfterburner.dll
GPU=0
GPUDescriptor=DisplayName

[MeterGPUName]
Meter=String
X=10
Y=0
H=40
W=200
MeterStyle=styleText
FontSize=20
MeasureName=MeasureGPUName
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute[!ActivateConfig "snowblind\menu" "SB_Menu.ini"]
I'd appreciate if someone could help me out with this because i'm stumped and a little new at this.
Last edited by balala on March 22nd, 2022, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags whenever are posting code snippets. It's the </> button.
creewick

Re: Snowblind rainmeter skin issue

Post by creewick »

Hi! Can you please share the full code of the skin you've mentioned, or send the .rmskin file?

According to the part you've shared, if you want to set the text manually, all you have to do is change this line MeasureName=MeasureGPUName to this Text=YourCustomText

If that's not working for you, then this meter may be mutable — that means it's properties changes somewhere else in the code
If you share the full code I may try to help
paulboy4444

Post by paulboy4444 »

sure, here is the skin .rmskin file.
Snowblind_1.3.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
creewick

Post by creewick »

Oh, it seems that skin's showing just "0" for me
So, if you're ok to set display name manually, you may change [MeterGPUName] section like this:

Code: Select all

[MeterGPUName]
Meter=String
X=10
Y=0
H=40
W=200
MeterStyle=styleText
FontSize=20
Text=RTX 2080 Ti
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute[!ActivateConfig "snowblind\menu" "SB_Menu.ini"]
If no, let's wait for someone, who knows more about how this plugin works
paulboy4444

Post by paulboy4444 »

Ok so I'm feeling a little dumb rn. It was displaying the correct GPU, it was just being cutoff since the font size was too big. just changed the font size to 18 and its all good. Thanks for your help.
creewick

Post by creewick »

Sorry, I didn't noticed it has a width limit
It's good that you figured it out

Also, instead of decreasing the font size, you can increase width limit a bit W=250 or remove this line completely (in that case, the meter would automaticaly adapt to the length of text)