It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:33 am

Bring To Front

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Darius1968

Re: Bring To Front

Post by Darius1968 »

eclectic-tech wrote: January 31st, 2022, 6:25 am Windows controls the Taskbar and will always try to keep it TopMost... This is a battle you will never win. :uhuh:
Well, then...How could one possibly create an icon - for whatever skin is under the microscope - that would be the functional equivalent of a launch icon - that would sit on the taskbar - for a program like Word, Outlook, Firefox, etc? This way, the Rainmeter icon for any given skin would be treated like the other program icons, being hidden in fullscreen mode.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Darius1968 wrote: January 31st, 2022, 8:09 am Well, then...How could one possibly create an icon - for whatever skin is under the microscope - that would be the functional equivalent of a launch icon - that would sit on the taskbar - for a program like Word, Outlook, Firefox, etc? This way, the Rainmeter icon for any given skin would be treated like the other program icons, being hidden in fullscreen mode.
You cannot do this in native Rainmeter.

Forget about the skull icon code; the easiest solution to get what you want is to use a nearly invisible image meter as a 'hot spot' to react to your mouse action.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1

[MeterHotSpot]
Meter=Image
W=100
H=100
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
MouseOverAction=[{youroveraction}]
MouseLeaveAction=[{yourleaveaction}]

If you post your code a detailed example could be suggested.
Darius1968

Post by Darius1968 »

eclectic-tech wrote: January 31st, 2022, 11:35 am Forget about the skull icon code; the easiest solution to get what you want is to use a nearly invisible image meter as a 'hot spot' to react to your mouse action.
Would this be the same thing, as if I just change the font size - from the current setting of 16 to something like 8 - of this skull bones icon that I now have in place?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Darius1968 wrote: January 31st, 2022, 1:37 pm Would this be the same thing, as if I just change the font size - from the current setting of 16 to something like 8 - of this skull bones icon that I now have in place?
No, this will create a 100x100 pixel area that is almost invisible (it can be any size and can be placed anywhere).
This eliminates issue with Windows taskbar and being visible in full screen modes.

Set this skin as 'TopMost', it will load to the upper left screen corner by default. When you mouse over that area your actions will happen.

The actions would be whatever you are currently using to show your clock. Without knowing what Config(skin) you want to control and no code posted, the example above is all I can offer.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Darius1968 wrote: January 31st, 2022, 1:11 am So, I'm now making use of this code (Of course, as I'm experimenting, I preface certain lines with ; at will).

MouseOverAction=[!ZPos "2" "#Config#" "#INIFile#"]
;MouseLeaveAction=[!ZPos "-2" "#Config#" "#INIFile#"]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!ZPos "-2" "#Config#" "#INIFile"]
;MouseOverAction=[!ZPos "2" "#Config#" "#INIFile#"]
;MouseLeaveAction=[!ZPos "0" "#Config#" "#INIFile#"]
;LeftMouseUpAction=[!ZPos "0" "#Config#" "#INIFile"]
;LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=[!ZPos "0" "#Config#"]
...which has this effect:
In addition to eclectic-tech's reply, note a mistake in this code as well as a not-desirable thing:
  • Mistake: If you don't want to apply the !ZPos bang to the current skin, you have to specify only the name of the config to which you'd like to apply the bang to, not the name of the .ini file as well. Rainmeter identifys the skins through their config, not through the name of thier .ini file. Accordingly the bangs should look something like this:

MouseOverAction=[!ZPos "2" "#Config#"]
    LeftMouseDownAction=[!ZPos "-2" "#Config#"]
    Your last, commeneted out LeftMouseDoubleClickAction option is correct and complete (LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=[!ZPos "0" "#Config#"]), but only this one. All others have the not-needed .ini file name as last parameter. Don't contest they are perfectly working, they do for sure, but this only because Rainmeter ignores the not needed parameters.
  • Not the best approach: Instead of LeftMouseDownAction option, LeftMouseUpAction is much more desirable. You can find a description of why, in the Note here.