Re: VirtualDesktop plugin

Post by RadAd »

To get the current desktop wallpaper:

Code: Select all

String=[Measure_VirtualDesktop:Wallpaper()]
To get the desktop wallpaper for desktop 1:

String=[Measure_VirtualDesktop:Wallpaper(1)]
Why did you put in the ampersand? What does that do?
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Thank you for your help!
RadAd wrote: January 19th, 2023, 1:38 am
Why did you put in the ampersand? What does that do?
The ampersand is the nested version of calling a measure for embedding other measures and/or variables.
They are always dynamically resolved when used.
See documentation: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/variables/nesting-variables/
Franzishans123

Post by Franzishans123 »

Hello, can you tell me exactly I can change the shape of the rectangulars? I want them to be circles. Is that possible?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Franzishans123 wrote: March 28th, 2023, 10:44 pm Hello, can you tell me exactly I can change the shape of the rectangulars? I want them to be circles. Is that possible?
That would require a major change to the demo skin. The OP may consider that :confused:

It would be simpler to write a new skin, which is what I did... it has all the functionality of the demo, but offers multiple shapes, icons, fonts, and supports different layouts for each desktop. It may work for what you are looking for...
Forum Link: Virtual Desktop 11
Franzishans123

Post by Franzishans123 »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 29th, 2023, 2:58 am That would require a major change to the demo skin. The OP may consider that :confused:

It would be simpler to write a new skin, which is what I did... it has all the functionality of the demo, but offers multiple shapes, icons, fonts, and supports different layouts for each desktop. It may work for what you are looking for...
Forum Link: Virtual Desktop 11

Ah tank very much! Just one question where can i add a code to display an InActiveColor? I switched every color to white, deleted the bordercolor, but I am having trouble to add a setting to set the Inactive circles to a different color. I want them to be grayish.

Ah yeah and why do the circles keep switching positions on my desktop, even when i fix the position they always appear after reloading the skin in the left half of the screen?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Franzishans123 wrote: March 29th, 2023, 9:48 am Ah tank very much! Just one question where can i add a code to display an InActiveColor? I switched every color to white, deleted the bordercolor, but I am having trouble to add a setting to set the Inactive circles to a different color. I want them to be grayish.
The original design let you select different colors for each desktop indicator and then highlighted the active one with a white border.
There was no inactivecolor defined.

To change the function to all grayish except for the active desktop, requires changing what the skin does when another desktop is selected. This can be done by changing the action bang in the [MeasureVirtualDesktop] section but note, this has to be modified in every skin.

To use "grayish" color by default and #ActiveColor1# as the active indicator, change the OnUpdateAction in that section to this:

; ========= Measures ==========
[MeasureVirtualDesktop]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=VirtualDesktop
UpdateDivider=-1
OnUpdateAction=[!SetOptionGroup Button MyStrokeColor "Stroke Color #*InActiveBorderColor*#,#*AlphaLow*#"][!SetOptionGroup Button MyFill "Fill Color 127,127,127,#*AlphaHigh*#"][!SetOption "Desktop[MeasureVirtualDesktop:]" "MyStrokeColor" "Stroke Color #*ActiveBorderColor*#,#*AlphaHigh*#"][!SetOption "Desktop[MeasureVirtualDesktop:]" "MyFill" "Fill Color #*ActiveColor1*#,#*AlphaHigh*#"][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1
That will set all desktop indicators to 127,127,127 (grayish) and set the active desktop to #ActiveColor1#.
Franzishans123 wrote:Ah yeah and why do the circles keep switching positions on my desktop, even when i fix the position they always appear after reloading the skin in the left half of the screen?
That does not happen for me... the skins set the Z-Position to "TopMost" on refresh but do not move from the last position.

NOTE: you said you deleted bordercolor and if you made other changes you may want to re-install the package before makng the change to the [MeasureVirtualDesktop] sections.