It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:14 pm

Skins turning on but not showning

General topics related to Rainmeter.
rider45

Skins turning on but not showning

Post by rider45 »

Just updated to rain 4.5.8

Now a lot of skins and layout not fulling showing

Some skins i load show as loaded but they do not visable. The "refresh all" from the taskbar or the rainmeter manager will not show them.
The refresh button in manager for the skin ini is the only one that will refresh and show the skin.

When i load a Layout some skins show up and others do not but all are active, i have to go the each ini not showing and use the refresh button there and then they do.

Any idea?

thanks - rider
Active Colors

Re: Skins turning on but not showning

Post by Active Colors »

Not sure where the problem is for now.
Seems to me that the problem is related to the specific skins you are using.
Can you list and provide links to any of the skins that do not show up to you?
rider45

Post by rider45 »

Active Colors wrote: January 28th, 2022, 2:57 pm Not sure where the problem is for now.
Seems to me that the problem is related to the specific skins you are using.
Can you list and provide links to any of the skins that do not show up to you?
Hey Active Colors - thanks

But i think i just found the problem (after hours of work) the default rainmeter.ini in the appdata folder. (i HATE appdata folders :twisted: ).
I had never edited a layout ini just single skins. I found and looked at the layout.ini s and they listed a whole bunch of skin that were not longer installed (some REAL old).
Seem like exclude unused skins was not working. Deleted the layouts rebuild and re-saved but still listed the uninstalled skins. Then i found the Default rainmeter.ini in the main rainmeter folder and it also listed all the uninstalled skins, cleared the ini and resaved. Also deleted each layout i rebuilt (that relisted the old skins). Restarted rainmeter rebuilt my layouts, now the ini's are clean and just list the skins i use in each layout.

This seems to have fixed at least most if not all, still need to verify some more. So the only thing i can think is once i installed the new rainmeter it did not like something about all those old skin listings in the ini's

I know this is confusing to understand but basically keep all you rainmeter.ini's clean (the defaults and layouts) of stray stuff. hope this help someone.

rider
alexis92

Post by alexis92 »

Maybe this thread will help you https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=8362