It is currently April 16th, 2024, 7:28 am

How to add an infinite loop fade in and out effect to the background blur effect

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How to add an infinite loop fade in and out effect to the background blur effect, the current effect is very stiff

Post by eclectic-tech »

death.crafter wrote: January 12th, 2022, 1:46 pm It's not possible with FrostedGlass.

You could use adobe are to generate the frames and use them in a bitmap meter to achieve something similar, but it wouldn't be dynamic.

Also, another possibility would be using imagemagick and a powershell script to generate the frames. Just saying, never used imagemagick.
A full screen image manipulation is going to eat a lot of CPU cycles using Rainmeter. I wouldn't recommend it. :uhuh:

But to expand on D.C.'s comment about ImageMagick, you could look at how I use it in my SIGMA suite to blur skin backgrounds.

To do the variable blur would be fairly easy, but the load created on the CPU doing that to a full screen image, may cause lagging.
Pyuahowaito

Re: How to add an infinite loop fade in and out effect to the background blur effect

Post by Pyuahowaito »

ok, thanks for the pointer