It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:02 am

Need help translate text in weather

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Need help translate text in weather

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: January 6th, 2022, 12:50 am I used a version I had in my "skin archives" and apparently it is not the same as what you downloaded.

Hm... my version may be one I corrected to use the updated method in response to a previous forum post.
Sorry for the confusion balala :oops:
Definitely makes sense this way. Just couldn't get the downloaded skin to work, as said due to the deprecated source, so wrote my reply. But if you (or anyone) rewrote the skin in meantime, this explains.
eclectic-tech wrote: January 6th, 2022, 12:50 am If the OP still has the same issue as you, I will offer them my updated version.
:thumbup: He got it, I think...
staciquan

Post by staciquan »

1. Find the Rainmeter skin file that you want to translate. The file will usually have a ".ini" extension and can be located in your Rainmeter skins folder. The default location for Rainmeter skins is usually "C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins".

2. Open the skin file using a text editor like Notepad or any other preferred text editor.

3. Look for the section of the skin that displays the weather information. It might be labeled with something like "Weather" or "WeatherInfo". This section should contain the text elements that you want to translate.

4. Locate the English text that you want to do the legal translation. For example, you might find lines like:
[MeterTemperature]
Text="Temperature: 25°C"
In this case, you'll need to translate "Temperature: 25°C" into Vietnamese. Let's say the translation is "Nhiệt độ: 25°C".

5. Replace the English text with the translated text in your language. Using the example above, you would modify the lines to:
[MeterTemperature]
Text="Nhiệt độ: 25°C"

6. Repeat this process for all the weather-related text elements that you want to translate into the skin.

7. Save the changes to the skin file.

8. Refresh Rainmeter by right-clicking the Rainmeter icon in the system tray and selecting "Refresh all".
SofiaIAP

Post by SofiaIAP »

Worked for me as well, thanks. Now I will know how to do it by myself! I had trouble with the incorrect directory but managed to solve it.

For a bigger project, when I was developing an iOS app for a local news agency, I used app localization services for an accurate translation because this backend process gave me big headaches. These guys did their job promptly and accurately, sending me the files in different formats.