It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:40 am

kwcpu: unobtrusive CPU monitor with support for up to 32 cores

Skins that monitor system information
parasyte

kwcpu: unobtrusive CPU monitor with support for up to 32 cores

Post by parasyte »

Hi! Happy 2022.

This is my first post and first skin. I was unable to find something like XMeters on Windows 11, so I made kwcpu.

My Windows machine has 24 cores, so many existing skins don't fit my needs. This skin auto detects the number of cores (up to 32) and displays a memory usage wheel. It's fairly configurable by just changing values in the Variables.inc file.

Download: https://github.com/parasyte/kwcpu/releases/download/1.2.1/kwcpu-1.2.1.rmskin (Last updated 2022-01-02)

My biggest gripe is that it's very difficult to create a large number of meters like this. There is a lot of duplication in the ini file for it. And second is that Rainmeter currently does not provide a way to probe system info for things like the core count. I might experiment with the plugin API at some point to fill in the gaps. (Thanks to SilverAzide below for the correction.)
Last edited by parasyte on January 3rd, 2022, 6:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: kwcpu: unobtrusive CPU monitor with support for up to 32 cores

Post by SilverAzide »

parasyte wrote: January 1st, 2022, 11:44 pm And second is that Rainmeter currently does not provide a way to probe system info for things like the core count. I might experiment with the plugin API at some point to fill in the gaps.
Actually, it is trivial to find the core count, unless you are dealing with a complex setup (CPUs running in NUMA mode). Windows has the number of logical processors right in the environment, so all you need is a Calc measure, and certainly no need for Lua.

Code: Select all

[MeasureCoreCount]
Measure=Calc
Formula=%NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%
UpdateDivider=-1
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
parasyte

Re: kwcpu: unobtrusive CPU monitor with support for up to 32 cores

Post by parasyte »

That's a great tip, thank you. It works great!