Happy new year!
Having upgraded (or 'upgraded') to Windows 10 Pro version 21H2, Rainmeter no longer ran at start-up. Also, though, recently I upgraded to Rainmeter 4.5.8.
My title speaks of the 'dreaded' problem because there is a fair amount about this problem - Rainmeter not running at boot - on the 'net.
When run post-boot, Rainmeter runs fine.
Things I tried to no avail:
- running Rainmeter at boot as a scheduled task;
- ensuring Rainmeter was not set to run as admin;
- using the program Windows Repair to reset file permissions;
- trying to use the horrible Windows Event Viewer to find the cause of the problem.
Actually, though, the repair of permissions might have helped; at any rate, I found that, after trying all the above, and, crucially, then reinstalling Rainmeter 4.5.8, Rainmeter did run at boot. So I post all of this here in case it helps someone. The 'takeaway' is: if Rainmeter won't autostart, try reinstalling it; if it still will not work then, just possibly, repairing file permissions - and reinstalling again? - might solve the problem.
It is currently August 16th, 2022, 3:20 am
Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 103
- Joined: December 27th, 2016, 12:04 pm