It is currently April 26th, 2024, 4:53 pm

request for personal skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: request for personal skin

Post by balala »

There is one more detail which I'd add. I'm talking strictly about my solution (but the same applies to death.crafter's second solution as well). The problem is that if you click the meter, without releasing the mouse button and you leave the skin, it keeps the "clicked" image, however such in a case, it should return to the not-clicked image. This is possible due to the fact that since there is defined a LeftMouseDownAction option on the meter, you can't "drag" the skin and this makes possible to leave the skin without releasing the button.
To fix this there is needed to add one more option to the [Button] meter, namely the following MouseLeaveAction option: MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Button ImageName "reddit.png"][!UpdateMeter "Button"][!Redraw].
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

balala wrote: December 28th, 2021, 3:31 pm There is one more detail which I'd add. I'm talking strictly about my solution (but the same applies to death.crafter's second solution as well). The problem is that if you click the meter, without releasing the mouse button and you leave the skin, it keeps the "clicked" image, however such in a case, it should return to the not-clicked image. This is possible due to the fact that since there is defined a LeftMouseDownAction option on the meter, you can't "drag" the skin and this makes possible to leave the skin without releasing the button.
To fix this there is needed to add one more option to the [Button] meter, namely the following MouseLeaveAction option: MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Button ImageName "reddit.png"][!UpdateMeter "Button"][!Redraw].
Yep. This way is something I use all of the time. Since clicking would limit the interactive appearance in the case of a mouse click that was not finished. The MouseLeaveAction makes sure that the image always appears in the correct state.

There is also the option of making the button change on MouseOverAction then MouseLeaveAction it may not apply to this particular case but is a nice way for the user to see graphical changes in a way that helps indicate the skin being used or is in a resting state.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: December 30th, 2021, 1:38 am There is also the option of making the button change on MouseOverAction then MouseLeaveAction it may not apply to this particular case but is a nice way for the user to see graphical changes in a way that helps indicate the skin being used or is in a resting state.
Yep, from my point of view I always use this kind of approach, changing how the button does look when I hover the mouse over it, changing again when pressing the mouse button, changing when releasing the button and finally changing again when leaving the button (but not this was requested in this particular case).