It is currently April 24th, 2024, 1:47 pm

Help with sliders

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

Re: Help with sliders

Post by CodeCode »

Also - I hope I am not wrong to avoid confusion.
But if you are making the sliding menu - all of the images, text, and other meters - all have to be able to follow the same logic as the bar itself.
Otherwise nothing will work as you might need it to - both now and in the future of your design process.
The only way it would not matter is if those subjective meters, pictures, or shapes were only placed relative to the sliding main back part. Then everything would remain as placed. My guess is that you would use relative meters, but thought I would chip a chirp into this song. :)
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
Alloutofmercy

Post by Alloutofmercy »

Fade.lua is for the chameleon plugin which I was working on earlier. Yeah you were right. I think some other stuff was interfering with the measure. I really cant keep my code tidy and there is a lot of other stuff that is stolen from other skins (Borrowed) I think fade.lua came with the chameleon plugin sample skin and it is used to fade shift the colors. I copy pasted the measure and the meter in another fresh skin and it seems to work now. But only halfway though.
Maxy_1.0.rmskin
XDSAMPLE_NOT FINISHED.rmskin
bandicam 2021-12-26 11-21-02-866_Trim_Trim.mp4
Here are the packs. The slider dosent go back after clicking again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BOOTY
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Alloutofmercy wrote: December 26th, 2021, 5:56 am I copy pasted the measure and the meter in another fresh skin and it seems to work now. But only halfway though.
Maxy_1.0.rmskinXDSAMPLE_NOT FINISHED.rmskinbandicam 2021-12-26 11-21-02-866_Trim_Trim.mp4
Here are the packs. The slider dosent go back after clicking again.
You probably are talking about the Loveslide.ini skin, within the Love config, included into the XDSAMPLE_NOT FINISHED.rmskin package, right? If you are that one is not working only because the Amount variable is missing from the [Variables] section. Add it there, for instance:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
Amount=200
However I'm not sure why the Maxy_1.0.rmskin package has been posted.
Alloutofmercy

Post by Alloutofmercy »

Former one [Sample one] is the one I experimented upon. Second one is the complete skin in which there is a Slider element. I thought it wasn't working because something in the Maxy_1.0.rmskin was interfering with it. So i seperated them just to see if something really was. Get it ?
BOOTY
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Alloutofmercy wrote: December 26th, 2021, 7:12 pm Former one [Sample one] is the one I experimented upon. Second one is the complete skin in which there is a Slider element. I thought it wasn't working because something in the Maxy_1.0.rmskin was interfering with it. So i seperated them just to see if something really was. Get it ?
Ok, but did you succeed getting it to work now? If not, which is the skin in the package, which you have problems with? "Slider element" might mean anything.
Alloutofmercy

Post by Alloutofmercy »

DONE_Trim.mp4
No worries. I've got it figured out. Thankyou for the effort though. Is there any way I could exclude a part of a skin somewhere where other measures and variables wont interfere with it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BOOTY
Alloutofmercy

Post by Alloutofmercy »

One more thing. how do I increase the width of the skin only when it is unfolded? If I just make it W=300 it widens it even when it is folded
BOOTY
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Alloutofmercy wrote: December 27th, 2021, 8:49 am One more thing. how do I increase the width of the skin only when it is unfolded? If I just make it W=300 it widens it even when it is folded
Do not use SkinWidth and use DynamicWindowSize = 1
from the Realm of Death
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Alloutofmercy wrote: December 27th, 2021, 7:56 am Is there any way I could exclude a part of a skin somewhere where other measures and variables wont interfere with it?
Not sure what you mean. Maybe you could add an UpdateDivider=-1 option to all measures and meters which shouldn't interfere, which leads them not to be updated. However this requires you to update all those measures and meter, whenever needed, through !UpdateMeasure / !UpdateMeter or alternatively through !Update bangs. Not sure it is a good idea.
Alloutofmercy wrote: December 27th, 2021, 8:49 am how do I increase the width of the skin only when it is unfolded? If I just make it W=300 it widens it even when it is folded
Maybe adding a DynamicWindowSize=1 option to the [Rainmeter] section?

EDIT: Sorry, death.crafter beat me.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

balala wrote: December 27th, 2021, 10:28 am alternatively through !Update bangs
A little correction, !Update doesn't update sections with UpdateDivider = -1. An alternative would be [!UpdateMeasure *][!UpdateMeter *]
from the Realm of Death