It is currently April 19th, 2024, 3:11 pm

How do i disable the animations on refresh on Interactive Dock.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
BruhMoment

Re: How do i disable the animations on refresh on Interactive Dock.

Post by BruhMoment »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 19th, 2021, 12:16 am Try replacing the 'OnRefreshAction' in [Rainmeter] from:
OnRefreshAction=[!Delay 500][!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Execute 1"]
to:
OnRefreshAction=[!CommandMeasure "Animate" "toggle_edit()"][!CommandMeasure "Animate" "toggle_edit()"]

With my skin, this will set the skins width and height, so mouse actions are detected, without showing the icons. The effect is the dock loads but does not show anything until I mouse over the area; not sure if you will have the same result.

Let's make sure we both have the same package... This is my A dock info from the skin:

Code: Select all

[Metadata]
Name=Game Drawer
Author=FinchNelson
Information=A rainmeter dock with cool animation. Made with genuine personal interest
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Version=nice dock 1.0
Hmm... Seems it doesn't show anything, even when I hover over it. And yep we have the same skin.

Code: Select all

[Metadata]
Name=Game Drawer
Author=FinchNelson
Information=A rainmeter dock with cool animation. Made with genuine personal interest
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Version=nice dock 1.0
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

BruhMoment wrote: December 18th, 2021, 12:45 am It still shows the icons after it loads in, it only hides the icon faster. I want it completely hidden from view after it loads in. :???:
This is what you said you wanted in the previous post... now you say it isn't right because it doesn't show anything until you mouse over? :confused:

I think you will have to do it yourself because I don't know what you really want. I have given this all the help I can...
Have a happy holiday! :welcome:
BruhMoment

Post by BruhMoment »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 19th, 2021, 5:27 am This is what you said you wanted in the previous post... now you say it isn't right because it doesn't show anything until you mouse over? :confused:

I think you will have to do it yourself because I don't know what you really want. I have given this all the help I can...
Have a happy holiday! :welcome:
Oh no! I meant it doesn't show anything at all even when I mouse over. But that's unfortunate if you have to go...
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

BruhMoment wrote: December 19th, 2021, 6:20 am Oh no! I meant it doesn't show anything at all even when I mouse over. But that's unfortunate if you have to go...
The main issue here is that the skin you are trying to edit is very complex. The changes you are trying to make are not changeable with code as you might expect. Changing code as you are requesting may be better done with you starting fresh and learn from this code but actually start from the beginning. That way the appearance and functions like you want will be part of the base code and not just changes to a really complex set of code that you do not understand enough to learn from.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
BruhMoment

Post by BruhMoment »

CodeCode wrote: December 19th, 2021, 11:02 am The main issue here is that the skin you are trying to edit is very complex. The changes you are trying to make are not changeable with code as you might expect. Changing code as you are requesting may be better done with you starting fresh and learn from this code but actually start from the beginning. That way the appearance and functions like you want will be part of the base code and not just changes to a really complex set of code that you do not understand enough to learn from.
I know that, I just thought I could find a simple solution to my seemingly simple problem and then understand why that works. I'd do it on my own, but I really just want this one single function, and understanding such long, intricate code seems overkill.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

BruhMoment wrote: December 19th, 2021, 11:46 am I know that, I just thought I could find a simple solution to my seemingly simple problem and then understand why that works. I'd do it on my own, but I really just want this one single function, and understanding such long, intricate code seems overkill.
It's only overkill, if you are smarter and its easy, or if it is so bloody difficult to change that, that writing from a blank script would be pointless.
However I believe a great way of getting the code into your 'words' are this/these:
1)) Delete everything from the base code until the remaining feature remains the only thing (within reason of course) functioning independently properly.
2) Grind your way though the rainmeter manual.
3) Explain your problem using as many cognized (as per the manual) words you interpreted before editing that skin.
4) being wrong is not so bad, when frustration is a tempting torture. Write the code your self, but in such a way that it is your best guess, not worrying about the answer being 'simple'.
Number 3 seems to be the key factor.
But I like number 1 myself. I have literally shredded so many skins it is not even funny.
end diatribe
begin helping again:
MouseOverAction=[!DeactivateConfig "[ConfigPath]" "[Config] This line of code is broken.
It should look like this: MouseOverAction=[!DeactivateConfig ConfigPath you only need the [brackets] if you are managing things Dynamically, using the #variable# form, or a section {Measure] variable. To make a measure or meter dynamic use DynamicVariables=1 in those section/s.
Also the config is optional unless the reference is in a separate ini or inc file.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
BruhMoment

Post by BruhMoment »

CodeCode wrote: December 20th, 2021, 11:08 am It's only overkill, if you are smarter and its easy, or if it is so bloody difficult to change that, that writing from a blank script would be pointless.
However I believe a great way of getting the code into your 'words' are this/these:
1)) Delete everything from the base code until the remaining feature remains the only thing (within reason of course) functioning independently properly.
2) Grind your way though the rainmeter manual.
3) Explain your problem using as many cognized (as per the manual) words you interpreted before editing that skin.
4) being wrong is not so bad, when frustration is a tempting torture. Write the code your self, but in such a way that it is your best guess, not worrying about the answer being 'simple'.
Number 3 seems to be the key factor.
But I like number 1 myself. I have literally shredded so many skins it is not even funny.
end diatribe
begin helping again:
MouseOverAction=[!DeactivateConfig "[ConfigPath]" "[Config] This line of code is broken.
It should look like this: MouseOverAction=[!DeactivateConfig ConfigPath you only need the [brackets] if you are managing things Dynamically, using the #variable# form, or a section {Measure] variable. To make a measure or meter dynamic use DynamicVariables=1 in those section/s.
Also the config is optional unless the reference is in a separate ini or inc file.
Huh, very motivational. Also I mistyped MouseOverAction=[!DeactivateConfig "[ConfigPath]" "[Config]" it was indeed MouseOverAction=[!DeactivateConfig ConfigPath]. But, I had a seperate ini file so I added the [Config]. Anyways, about my problem, I just did a simple work around. I changed the autohide=1 into autohide=0 and just changed the Transparency to 100% and On hover to Fade In. Not exactly what I wanted, but it works. I'll change it so that it icons scroll down and scroll up like it normally would when auto-hiding and showing the icons when I have time. How should I mark my post now?