It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:34 am

How do i disable the animations on refresh on Interactive Dock.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
BruhMoment

How do i disable the animations on refresh on Interactive Dock.

Post by BruhMoment »

Hi, new to this forum, I'm using a dock skin called Interactive dock
(https://www.deviantart.com/not-finch/art/Interactive-Dock-for-Rainmeter-772713805), and whenever you hover over it, it plays an animation that reveals the icons. But, it also plays the animation whenever you load/unload/refresh it, how do you disable the animation when you refresh it? Here's the code, I tried removing the OnRefreshAction at first to see what would happen, but it also stopped playing when you hovered over it. Then I gave up cause I didn't know what to do. Please help?

Code: Select all

[[Rainmeter]
OnRefreshAction=[!Delay 1000][!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Execute 1"][!ShowMeter Background]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure Animate "highlight(0)"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 6"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Execute 6"]
Update=-1
SkinWidth=(#vertical# = 1 ? (#expand#*#width#) : (#TotalGame#*#width#+#expand#*#width#))
SkinHeight=(#vertical# = 1 ? (#TotalGame#*#height#+#expand#*#height#) : (#expand#*#height#))
RightMouseUpAction=[]
RightMouseDownAction=[]

RightMouseUpAction=!Execute [!SkinCustomMenu]
ContextTitle=Toggle edit
ContextAction=[!CommandMeasure "Animate" "toggle_edit()"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 6"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Execute 6"]
ContextTitle2=Add icon
ContextAction2=[!CommandMeasure "Animate" "add_icon()"]
ContextTitle3=Remove icon
ContextAction3=[!CommandMeasure "Animate" "remove_icon()"]
ContextTitle4=---
ContextTitle5=Setting file
ContextAction5=["#@#Settings.inc"]
ContextTitle6=List file
ContextAction6=["#@#Applist.inc"]
ContextTitle7=---
ContextTitle8=Rainmeter Menu
ContextAction8=[!SkinMenu]

[Metadata]
Name=Game Drawer
Author=FinchNelson
Information=A rainmeter dock with cool animation. Made with genuine personal interest
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Version=nice dock 1.0

[Variables]
@Include=#@#Applist.inc
@Include2=#@#Settings.inc
Directory=#@#App\

[ScriptRepeatIcon]
Measure=Script
ScriptFile=#@#RepeatSection.lua
ReadFile=#@#Layout.inc
WriteFile=#@#IconMeter.inc
Sub=Repeat
Index=1
Limit=(#TotalGame#)

[LayoutIcon]
Meter=Image
X=0
Y=(-#height#-#padding#)
W=#width#
H=#height#
Padding=0,0,0,0
AntiAlias=1
PreserveAspectRatio=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
DynamicVariables=1
Group=Icons

[Background]
meter=Image
X=0
Y=0
W=#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#
H=#CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT#
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Execute 2"]
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 3"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Execute 3"]
UpdateDivider=-1
Hidden=1

[DragNDropParent]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop
Group=DropGroup
Action=Path
OnDropAction=[!SetVariable File "$File$"][!CommandMeasure Animate "drop_file()"]
Disabled=1

[Animate]
Measure=Script
ScriptFile=#@#\Animation.lua
DynamicVariables=1
IfCondition= ( 1 = 1 )
IfTrueAction=[!CommandMeasure "Animate" "animate()"]
IfConditionMode=1

[Animation]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
Group=Animation
DynamicVariables=1
ActionList1=Repeat Init, 150, #TotalGame# | InitDone
ActionList2= Wait 1000 | HideNow
ActionList3= StopHide | Repeat Show, 20, #TotalGame#
ActionList4= DropImage
ActionList5= DropFile
ActionList6= Repeat Draw, 25, #step#
ActionList7= Repeat Hide, 25, #TotalGame#
Init=[!CommandMeasure "Animate" "show_more()"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 6"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Execute 6"]
InitDone=[!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Execute 2"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 6"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Execute 6"]
StopHide=[!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 6"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Execute 6"]
Hide=[!CommandMeasure "Animate" "hide_icon()"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 6"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Execute 6"]
Show=[!CommandMeasure "Animate" "unhide_icon()"]
DropImage=[xcopy "#File#" "#Directory#" /y][!WriteKeyValue Variables "Gamecover#Edit#" "#Filename#" "#@#Applist.inc"][!SetVariable Gamecover#Edit# #Filename#][!Delay 1000][!UpdateMeter Icon#Edit#][!SetOption Debug Text "Added image: #File#"]
DropFile=[!WriteKeyValue Variables "Gamedir#Edit#" """["#File#"]""" "#@#Applist.inc"][!SetVariable Gamedir#Edit# #File#][!SetOption Debug Text "Added file: #File#"]
Draw=[!CommandMeasure "Animate" "animate()"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Icons"][!UpdateMeasureGroup "DropGroup"][!Redraw]
HideNow=[!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 6"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 7"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Execute 7"]

[ScriptRefresher]
Measure=Script
ScriptFile=#@#Refresher.lua
UpdateDivider=-1
Refreshed=0

@Include=#@#IconMeter.inc]
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How do i disable the animations on refresh on Interactive Dock.

Post by eclectic-tech »

BruhMoment wrote: December 14th, 2021, 6:47 am Hi, new to this forum, I'm using a dock skin called Interactive dock
(https://www.deviantart.com/not-finch/art/Interactive-Dock-for-Rainmeter-772713805), and whenever you hover over it, it plays an animation that reveals the icons. But, it also plays the animation whenever you load/unload/refresh it, how do you disable the animation when you refresh it? Here's the code, I tried removing the OnRefreshAction at first to see what would happen, but it also stopped playing when you hovered over it. Then I gave up cause I didn't know what to do. Please help?
I don't understand why you only want to stop the animation when the skin is refreshed? This is the main feature of this skin! :uhuh:

If you don't want it to animate when you leave or hover the mouse, but only once when loaded/refreshed, then the only change you need to make is to modify the @Resources\settings.inc file. (Or right-click the dock and select "Settings File")
Change the setting to prevent autohiding by setting autohide=0. Save that file, then refresh the dock.

The animation cannot be eliminated easily, it would require so many changes to the code and Lua that you may as well start over or find another dock skin.
BruhMoment

Post by BruhMoment »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 16th, 2021, 8:02 pm I don't understand why you only want to stop the animation when the skin is refreshed? This is the main feature of this skin! :uhuh:

If you don't want it to animate when you leave or hover the mouse, but only once when loaded/refreshed, then the only change you need to make is to modify the @Resources\settings.inc file. (Or right-click the dock and select "Settings File")
Change the setting to prevent autohiding by setting autohide=0. Save that file, then refresh the dock.

The animation cannot be eliminated easily, it would require so many changes to the code and Lua that you may as well start over or find another dock skin.
Welp, I guess I should've phrased it better, I have gaps in my English (apologies). What I was supposed to say was, how do I not reveal the icons when it loads, and only show themselves after I've hovered over them, so it looks cleaner after Rainmeter starts up, or when I unload and load it in general. Also, it would help with the "hidden" theme of my desktop.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

BruhMoment wrote: December 17th, 2021, 10:32 am Welp, I guess I should've phrased it better, I have gaps in my English (apologies). What I was supposed to say was, how do I not reveal the icons when it loads, and only show themselves after I've hovered over them, so it looks cleaner after Rainmeter starts up, or when I unload and load it in general. Also, it would help with the "hidden" theme of my desktop.
To have the dock autohide after loading and only show when you hover over that area, change the OnRefreshAction in [Rainmeter] to:
OnRefreshAction=[!Delay 500][!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Execute 1"][!Delay 500][!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Execute 2"]

This will load the dock, pause for half a second, and then hide the dock until you hover you mouse over the area.

I hope this is what you were asking for. :Whistle
BruhMoment

Post by BruhMoment »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 17th, 2021, 1:42 pm To have the dock autohide after loading and only show when you hover over that area, change the OnRefreshAction in [Rainmeter] to:
OnRefreshAction=[!Delay 500][!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Execute 1"][!Delay 500][!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Execute 2"]

This will load the dock, pause for half a second, and then hide the dock until you hover you mouse over the area.

I hope this is what you were asking for. :Whistle
It still shows the icons after it loads in, it only hides the icon faster. I want it completely hidden from view after it loads in. :???: Also you forgot to add the [!ShowMeter Background] line so it loads when you've hover over it.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

BruhMoment wrote: December 18th, 2021, 12:45 am It still shows the icons after it loads in, it only hides the icon faster. I want it completely hidden from view after it loads in. :???: Also you forgot to add the [!ShowMeter Background] line so it loads when you've hover over it.
Apparently you changed other things in the skin...
For me, this animates to show the icons, then animates to hide them.
When you mouse over that area, they will reappear.

Do you have Autohide=1 in the settings?

You shouldn't have to do anything else (like [!ShowMeter Background]?), unless you changed the code in other ways.

I would suggest re-installing the original rmskin package for the dock, and only modify the OnRefreshAction= and change the settings to autohide=1.

This worked for my original install to hide the dock until I mouse over it. That's all I can suggest.
BruhMoment

Post by BruhMoment »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 18th, 2021, 1:41 am Apparently you changed other things in the skin...
For me, this animates to show the icons, then animates to hide them.
When you mouse over that area, they will reappear.

Do you have Autohide=1 in the settings?

You shouldn't have to do anything else (like [!ShowMeter Background]?), unless you changed the code in other ways.

I would suggest re-installing the original rmskin package for the dock, and only modify the OnRefreshAction= and change the settings to autohide=1.

This worked for my original install to hide the dock until I mouse over it. That's all I can suggest.
I really didn't change the skin that much, only changed the direction and icons, and only added 3 lines of code RightMouseUpAction=[],
RightMouseDownAction=[], and MouseOverAction=[!DeactivateConfig "[ConfigPath]" "[Config]." With autohide being on its default value (1). But, I reinstalled the original rmskin package and welp, after I modified the only things you said, it did the exact same thing I just said in my previous quote. To reiterate, I want the skin to not animate/show the icons at all, when it refreshes, I don't want to see the icons every time the skin loads in. I want the icons to only appear when I hover over it.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Looks like we are back to the beginning. There is no easy way to not show the dock when you load or refresh.

The default settings will show it and then auto-hide it.
If the skin never shows the dock icons, then you have no idea where it is located on your screen... until you stumble over it with your mouse :???:
If this is not what you want then you probably need to use a different dock.

Sorry I can't find any other solution.
BruhMoment

Post by BruhMoment »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 18th, 2021, 2:22 pm Looks like we are back to the beginning. There is no easy way to not show the dock when you load or refresh.

The default settings will show it and then auto-hide it.
If the skin never shows the dock icons, then you have no idea where it is located on your screen... until you stumble over it with your mouse :???:
If this is not what you want then you probably need to use a different dock.

Sorry I can't find any other solution.
Aww, that's too bad. Could you show me the not-so-easy way though? I think I can figure it out on my own. I really want to do this because I have other things planned.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Try replacing the 'OnRefreshAction' in [Rainmeter] from:
OnRefreshAction=[!Delay 500][!CommandMeasure Animation "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure Animation "Execute 1"]
to:
OnRefreshAction=[!CommandMeasure "Animate" "toggle_edit()"][!CommandMeasure "Animate" "toggle_edit()"]

With my skin, this will set the skins width and height, so mouse actions are detected, without showing the icons. The effect is the dock loads but does not show anything until I mouse over the area; not sure if you will have the same result.

Let's make sure we both have the same package... This is my A dock info from the skin:

Code: Select all

[Metadata]
Name=Game Drawer
Author=FinchNelson
Information=A rainmeter dock with cool animation. Made with genuine personal interest
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Version=nice dock 1.0