It is currently December 2nd, 2022, 10:06 pm

PluginWebView - Make skin using web technology

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
tass_co

Re: PluginWebView - Make skin using web technology

Post by tass_co »

Yincognito wrote: May 20th, 2022, 2:17 pm I understand. Well, you can't expect to just add stuff to something and then to magically work - usually some effort is required to get what you want. That being said, if you're only after the text contents of the clipboard, you can integrate the Get-Clipboard and Set-Clipboard commands from Powershell in a standard RunCommand measure, something that is pretty trivial to implement.
Manage Clipboard.jpg
Or, you can use the !SetClip bang from Rainmeter for setting the clipboard part.

If you need more than such basic abilities, you'd obviously have to explore other more complex avenues... :confused:
You are right. I know it won't happen without effort.
I have to work on it.
Thank you.
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
Jax

Post by Jax »

Hi there! I am having a bit of trouble with trying to build the plugin myself with Visual Studio 2022. When I try to build after following the instructions from the GitHub repo, I get this error

Code: Select all

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error        This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. Use NuGet Package Restore to download them.  For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=322105. The missing file is ..\..\Source\Repos\rainmeter\packages\Microsoft.Web.WebView2.1.0.1054.31\build\native\Microsoft.Web.WebView2.targets.    PluginWebView    C:\Users\Jax\source\repos\PluginWebView\PluginWebView.vcxproj    237    
Tried updating the NuGet packages but still no luck. I wanted to simply replace "Click OK to get one from the darkweb" with "WebView2 runtime is required. Install now?" in https://github.com/khanhas/PluginWebView/blob/main/src/plugin.cpp. If possible, please tell me what I have to do to resolve the build error, or better... build the plugin with the label change! Thanks in advance :rosegift:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Jax wrote: November 1st, 2022, 1:17 pmI wanted to simply replace "Click OK to get one from the darkweb" with "WebView2 runtime is required. Install now?" in https://github.com/khanhas/PluginWebView/blob/main/src/plugin.cpp.
The way I see it, in this case, there are several options having varying degrees of success:
- hex editing the executable itself to change the dialog text or its representation (if possible)
- editing the .csproj file to remove or adjust the <Import ...><Target>...</Target> part where the error text is found (if it works)
- cleaning up the existing and installing the suited NuGet packages from scratch (if confident)
- make more in depth adjustments to the code itself to remove such dependencies (if you know how)
- close the dialog and download the Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime directly (if you want the easy way out)

P.S. This crossed my mind as well, since the dialog text is a bit creepy for a regular user, but then it's safe and works in the end, so I guess the whole thing was just a little joke from the developer's part... :twisted:
P.S.S. I didn't test it, but I'd be curious if the dialog still shows up if the said runtime package is already installed in the system (via direct install). :???:
Jax

Post by Jax »

Yincognito wrote: November 1st, 2022, 3:07 pm editing the .csproj file to remove or adjust the <Import ...><Target>...</Target> part where the error text is found (if it works)
Tried this... when building I get syntax errors from https://github.com/rainmeter/rainmeter/blob/master/Common/StringUtil.h line 69. Nothing builds at the end :(
Yincognito wrote: November 1st, 2022, 3:07 pm P.S. This crossed my mind as well, since the dialog text is a bit creepy for a regular user, but then it's safe and works in the end, so I guess the whole thing was just a little joke from the developer's part...
I am looking forward to distribute skins with this plugin to a lot of users, so I wanted to make sure that it wouldn't come off as malicious to them.
Additionally, if the C++ Runtime isn't installed on the system, the plugin fails to load completely with the error 126.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Jax wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 3:00 amTried this... when building I get syntax errors from https://github.com/rainmeter/rainmeter/blob/master/Common/StringUtil.h line 69. Nothing builds at the end :(
Yeah, well, it was a blind suggestion based on what others experienced, since I didn't install VS yet (will do it on the next clean install of the OS).
Jax wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 3:00 amI am looking forward to distribute skins with this plugin to a lot of users, so I wanted to make sure that it wouldn't come off as malicious to them.
Additionally, if the C++ Runtime isn't installed on the system, the plugin fails to load completely with the error 126.
I look forward to do the same, when my 3D Earth skin will be completed and released (the only thing left to do is to make the atmosphere in a diferent way than it is done now, for better realism). In my case, I'll post the proper links to both runtime packages (C++ and WebView2) when writing the skin description anyway, so I don't have to bother with changing anything when it comes to these dependencies. Generally, I try to avoid dependencies, but in this case are necessary so my "strategy" is to provide them separately as links and let the user handle their installation and management.