It is currently August 16th, 2022, 4:33 am

Manage window does not update list of installed skins after changing SkinPath in Rainmeter.ini

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Active Colors

Manage window does not update list of installed skins after changing SkinPath in Rainmeter.ini

Post by Active Colors »

After changing the location path for installed skins in Rainmeter.ini and choosing Refresh All — the Manage window does not display skins from the new specified location. You have to manually restart Rainmeter in order to see the installed skins from the applied path.

Not sure whether this is a bug or a desired behavior. Nevertheless, it was not clearly obvious that I have to manually restart Rainmeter after changing installed skins path in Rainmeter.ini.

• At least, this behavior could be mentioned in https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/settings/rainmeter-section/#SkinPath.
• At most, having the option in Manage window to choose a location for installed skins could be the solution if the described behavior was not desired. After changing the location through the Manage window it could automatically update the list of installed skins right away instead of restarting Rainmeter manually (or automatically restart Rainmeter like when you change the Language).
Last edited by Active Colors on December 8th, 2021, 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Active Colors

Re: Manage window does not update list of installed skins after changing SkinPath in Rainmeter.ini

Post by Active Colors »

EDIT: I updated the message.
Brian
Developer

Re: Manage window does not update list of installed skins after changing SkinPath in Rainmeter.ini

Post by Brian »

This is sort of "desired behavior" since retrieving the skin path is done during the program initialization and thus there is no option in the Manage dialog at this time.

I'm not entirely sure of all the ramifications of changing this. On the surface it feels like a simple change, but I will have to investigate this further.

-Brian