It is currently April 28th, 2024, 6:14 am

Media Player Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Tezz95

Re: Media Player Plugin

Post by Tezz95 »

keifufu wrote: June 11th, 2023, 4:22 am Not sure what you mean, it's still not possible :thinking:
I just wanted to show Cover when I was playing local files through Spotify. But as of WebNowPlaying's procedure, I have to save the native APIs folder manually to show album details from Windows. Now in the latest update 2.0.1.0, this problem has been resolved. Now local and online music both are showing their Cover and other details without any manual effort as Native APIs enabled by default. Thank you.
keifufu

Post by keifufu »

Tezz95 wrote: June 11th, 2023, 10:55 am I just wanted to show Cover when I was playing local files through Spotify. But as of WebNowPlaying's procedure, I have to save the native APIs folder manually to show album details from Windows. Now in the latest update 2.0.1.0, this problem has been resolved. Now local and online music both are showing their Cover and other details without any manual effort as Native APIs enabled by default. Thank you.
Ah I see, manually creating the folder was only nessecary if you don't use the browser extension which would've done it for you :3
i2002

Post by i2002 »

Tezz95 wrote: April 29th, 2023, 11:55 am I think Cover Image scaling is not accurate.

Widget.png

Just check this cover image in Windows 11 Widget and now check this Media Player Cover Image.

MediaPlayer.png

You can easily identify that the Media Player's Cover Image is little zoomed.

Another Example
Windows11
Screenshot 2023-04-29 172143.png
Media Player
Screenshot 2023-04-29 172153.png

Hope Dev will fix this soon. Thank you.
Hi,

It seems I haven't received a notification email about the new messages in this thread and I don't check this forum often, so sorry about that.

About the cropping issue, I think I know what may be the problem. In Windows 10, Spotify adds a banner under the cover art (both being part of the image received through the API), like so:
tmp.png
So I tweaked the plugin to crop the banner out when the player is Spotify.

As far as I can recall, at the time I tested on Windows 11 and there was a banner there too. Either it wasn't or they've updated Spotify to show the cover icon without the banner.
So that's the reason the icon was cropped only for Spotify.

Seeing that WebNowPlaying now has support for the Windows players API is very great. I think you should just use that, as I don't use this extension myself anymore and it might not get updated fast enough. On the other hand WebNowPlaying is more popular and even has more features.

Thank you for your interest in my plugin and have a great day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

i2002 wrote: June 13th, 2023, 6:16 pmAs far as I can recall, at the time I tested on Windows 11 and there was a banner there too. Either it wasn't or they've updated Spotify to show the cover icon without the banner.
So that's the reason the icon was cropped only for Spotify.
Probably because of this. Once there is a contract, suddenly no watermark needed... :Whistle
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
sl23

Post by sl23 »

This skin works for me but doesn't display the progress bar or times.

I've also followed the first post regarding changing Measure=NowPlaying to the Measure=Plugin ; Plugin=MediaPlayer.dll in my own skin, which then crashed Rainmeter! I also removed reference to PlayerType=CAD, just in case it was that causing the crash, but nothing seems to work. Any Ideas?

Do I still use PlayerType=CAD for foobar2000 or not?

Thanks... :thumbup:
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: August 11th, 2023, 8:46 am This skin works for me but doesn't display the progress bar or times.

I've also followed the first post regarding changing Measure=NowPlaying to the Measure=Plugin ; Plugin=MediaPlayer.dll in my own skin, which then crashed Rainmeter! I also removed reference to PlayerType=CAD, just in case it was that causing the crash, but nothing seems to work. Any Ideas?

Do I still use PlayerType=CAD for foobar2000 or not?

Thanks... :thumbup:
I don't know about the crash, but the position and/or duration seems to be a known issue, depending on what info the player provides to Windows or the API. Check earlier pages for similar reports.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: August 11th, 2023, 8:46 am This skin works for me but doesn't display the progress bar or times.
I tried using the plugin with the Media Player app in Windows 10 and with YouTube and also couldn't get showing the progress or current time. But there is a note about this as the first point in the Limitations section of the first post of this topic
Not all media players provide information through the windows API, and even for those that do not all the actions are avaiable (for example when playing a song on youtube playback position is not provided).
sl23 wrote: August 11th, 2023, 8:46 am I've also followed the first post regarding changing Measure=NowPlaying to the Measure=Plugin ; Plugin=MediaPlayer.dll in my own skin, which then crashed Rainmeter! I also removed reference to PlayerType=CAD, just in case it was that causing the crash, but nothing seems to work. Any Ideas?
Same as Yincognito, I also couldn't get Rainmeter crashing. Could you please post a code which crashed Rainmeter?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: August 11th, 2023, 5:23 pmSame as Yincognito, I also couldn't get Rainmeter crashing.
Just to clarify, at the time of posting that reply, I didn't test if Rainmeter crashed with the mentioned settings, since I was on my phone. But yeah, when trying this plugin in the past, I didn't experience crashes in Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: August 11th, 2023, 6:41 pm Just to clarify, at the time of posting that reply, I didn't test if Rainmeter crashed with the mentioned settings, since I was on my phone. But yeah, when trying this plugin in the past, I didn't experience crashes in Rainmeter.
The key here is on "mentioned settings". Didn't pay too much attention to a small detail, the following one:
sl23 wrote: August 11th, 2023, 8:46 am I also removed reference to PlayerType=CAD, just in case it was that causing the crash,
After seeing your post, reading a little bit more carefully sl23's post, I realized what he did: added a PlayerType=CAD option, to some (or all?) plugin measures. When I did the same, Rainmeter instantly crashed. I tried replacing the PlayerType option on all MediaPlayer plugin measures, got Rainmeter crashing. Tried replacing only on one single measure. Got Rainmeter crashing again. So this is the issue: the PlayerType=CAD option does crash Rainmeter, doesn't matter on how many measures is it used.
But now makes sense: the PlayerType option is not used to set the player, but what does return the measure in which it is used. Like title (with PlayerType=Title), or artist (PlayerType=Artist) of the just played track. The option on which in case of NowPlaying measures we set the used player is PlayerName, not PlayerType. But this PlayerName option doesn't even makes sens on MediaPlayer plugin measure, we can't and don't even have to set the player on such a measure, because:
i2002 wrote: December 6th, 2021, 12:37 pm This plugin enables skins to get the track info and control any media player that shows up in the volume notification in Windows 10.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: August 11th, 2023, 8:46 am I've also followed the first post regarding changing Measure=NowPlaying to the Measure=Plugin ; Plugin=MediaPlayer.dll in my own skin, which then crashed Rainmeter! I also removed reference to PlayerType=CAD, just in case it was that causing the crash, but nothing seems to work. Any Ideas?
Yep, for sure now. See my above reply.